This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Podcasts are something that can be listened to while in the car, at the gym, on a walk, in the shower, or making dinner. There are endless reasons to listen to a podcast and sometimes it’s just a nice change from listening to music all the time. Personally, I have listened to many podcasts and I prefer them a certain way. I like my podcasts factual, fun and very easy to follow. The following podcasts are the best crime podcasts I have found so far.

The top two best crime podcasts are Canadian True Crime and My Favourite Murder. These two podcasts differ from each other in many ways, but both are equally good.

Canadian True Crime is all about Canada and the woman who hosts this podcast actually lives in Mississauga, Ontario. She is very factual and has a passion for what she’s talking about. I like the way her voice and her tone conveys the material. I have learned a lot about some cases because she does extensive research. The only issue I have with this podcast is that she only releases a new podcast every two weeks; the 1st and 15th of every month. So sometimes there are multiple different parts and she won’t release them together. However, then again, they are great to binge and I love them for long car rides or trips.

My Favourite Murder is also one of my favourite podcasts because it is very factual and does not just focus on Canadian crimes. This podcast has two women who are very funny and bubbly, and they usually discuss two cases. They also have many episodes and many diverse options depending on what type of crime you are feeling. The only issue I have with this podcast is that they talk too long in the beginning about random things. They talk about some really interesting things but sometimes it is just like “when is this gonna end” but all-in-all, the cases are so good!

I haven’t really tried other podcasts that are crime-related, but I am open to listening to many others so I will probably be adding a few more to this later!

hand holding iphone showing spotify
Photo by Fixelgraphy from Unsplash

Emily Poulter

U Ottawa '22

Hello Everyone! I am a new writer for Her Campus! I am a third year criminology student at the University of Ottawa. I am a proud pawrent of a cute kitty named Beau who is the sweetest boy. I want my readers to know a little about me before reading about what I have to say. I grew up in Hamilton, ON, the youngest of three. As most, I have had my fair share of bullying and mean girls. I am not perfect and I have my challenges but we are not alone because now we have each other. I hope that my articles on Her Campus are ones that you as a reader can relate to, and lets have some fun!. So, hope to release an article soon!
Just your average criminology major, who enjoys watching Supernatural, The Boys and occasionally catching a hockey game. Probably off somewhere writing a novel!