nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Music Summer Festivals in O-Town

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

By: Nohémie Rémy

Some of you may wonder:  “What is there to do in Ottawa this summer?” Well, are you looking for a way to break a sweat by grooving to the sound of music? If so, read more on exciting music festivals to attend, right here, in the nation’s capital, this sunny season. 

1. Escapade Music Festival  (June 27 to June 28 2015)

The Escapade music festival is now known as the Heineken Escapade music festival after the announcement of a new partnership. This summer marks the festival’s 6th year in Ottawa.  This festival offers electronic music such as house, techno, trance and dubstep. In this year’s lineup, we see performances by house music legends: Armin van Buuren, Don diablo and Dyro.  It’s the perfect festival for ravers.

2. TD Jazz Festival (June 18 to July 1 2015)

Ottawa is Jazzing-it-up this summer with the TD Jazz festival.  The TD Jazz festival is a fantastic way of kicking off the music festival season.  This festival is for those out there who enjoy classic authentic music. If you don’t know much about jazz music, this event is a good opportunity to learn about the genre and today’s jazz music artists. This festival is the perfect way to celebrate Canada’s birthday day.

3.The RBC Ottawa Bluesfest (July 8 to July 19 2015)

The RBC Ottawa  Bluestfest is a popular music festival in the nation’s capital. This could be explained by the fact that this festival offers a diversity of music. This wide range of music varies from hip pop to dubstep to country to indie rock. Every year some of the most respected and successful artist in the music industry are invited to perform.  This year artist like Kanye West, Jason Aldean, Iggy Azalia and Skrillex are blowing up the stage!

4. The Tim Horton’s Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival  (June 25 to June 28 2015)

The Tim Horton’s Ottawa dragon boat festival is also a fun event to attend in the summertime. If you’re wondering why it’s called Dragon boat festival, that’s because 200 dragon boat teams will compete on water at Mooney’s Bay! There will also be live performances by Canadians artists such as Hey Rosetta!, Tokyo Police Club, The Rural Alberta Advantage and much more. If you want to have an awesome time at the beach, the Tim’s Hortons Ottawa dragon boat festival is the place to be!

References:

1, 2, 3, 4 & 5

Daughter, sister, student, friend. I have a fond love for good board games, napping and tea. I consider myself to be a professional apple cutter.