Meet the HCuO Team: Victoria Racher

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Name:  Victoria Racher
Program: Major in Communications, Minor in Psychology
Hometown:  Ajax, Ontario
Position: Head of External Affairs

Her Campus uOttawa: What do you love about your program?
Victoria Racher:
 I love learning new ways to connect to people. It’s amazing the tools communication professionals use to create image, discussion and relationships. I’ve been lucky enough to learn from some amazing professors in my program, so I feel like I’m working towards those same abilities.

HCuO: How did you hear about Her Campus uOttawa and why did you apply?
VR:
 I saw a post on Facebook at the end of my second year. I had just made a resolution to get more involved on campus and meet more people, so it was the perfect match. I also loved the idea of working under External Affairs, and being able to play a role in fundraising and promoting Her Campus.  

HCuO: What have you gained from working with Her Campus uOttawa?
VR:
One of my favourite things about Her Campus uOttawa is how large and collaborative our team is. So being able to work in a large team was a new experience for me, as well as working in a more leadership role in my executive position this year. I’ve learned how to improve my organizational and planning abilities.

HCuO: How have you changed since High school? Do you miss it at times?
VR: I was so much shyer and reserved in high school. I’ve learned to take a lot more chances and be comfortable with making my own path. High school had its fun times, but I’ve loved making Ottawa home.

HCuO: What are your interests and hobbies?
VR:
I love being out and about, so finding new places to try out over the city or travel to is always fun. Music, reading, and hanging out with friends are always in the top three.

HCuO: If there was a movie produced about your life, who would play you and why?
VR: I think it would be a toss up between Kristen Wiig and Aubrey Plaza. Someone who’s funny and adventurous but also ends up in some awkward situations. That tends to happen a lot.

HCuO: What are your plans after graduation?
VR:
I’m planning to go back to school to study brand or reputation management. I’m planning to take a year off to work and travel before applying to schools though.

HCuO: Who is your role model and why?
VR:
I don’t think I can pick just one. I know or know of so many people with qualities I admire in a professional and personal sense, so I just try to think “What Would ____ Do?” in a certain situation. 

Sources: The pictures were provided by Victoria Racher. 

Gloria Charles-Pierre is Her Campus uOttawa Alumni. She was one of our writers for four years and the French editor for two years. Gloria graduated from the University of Ottawa with a degree in Arts specialized in French Lierature and two certificates in LSQ (Langue des Signes Québécoise). Now, she is in Teachers College and loving it. Gloria spends her time doing kick-boxing and working on her personnal writing project while growing in her faith. She hopes to travel more, and to continue her studies with a Masters in Education and also continue working in editing.