This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Do you ever just sit there and think, “This dress is too plain, what am I going to wear?” Well, statement necklaces are answering your prayers because they are capable of amping up any outfit! The key to wearing statement necklaces is to make them your focal point when planning an outfit. 

One of my favourite pairings this season is knitted sweaters and statement necklaces, paired with skinny jeans or tights tucked into tall boots. It’s a look that’s put together while being warm and comfortable. 

This Kate Spade “window seat bouquet” statement necklace can be paired gorgeously with a pastel sweater- I’m thinking a light peach. Switch out the pastel sweater for a monotone dress with a high neckline and, voila, you are semi- formal ready!

This “crystal cluster” BP necklace from Nordstrom is a fabulous pick because it sparkles and shines! It is perfect for wearing with darker pieces to create a good contrast. It is also an easy colour to pair with any shade! You could wear this one with a light grey sweater and it would still look fabulous.

You may think that this necklace is a bit much, but Nordstrom’s brand, BP, has a fantastic line of affordable statement necklaces, I have seen this one personally at the new Nordstrom in Ottawa. It retails at $32 and looks stunning on top of a knitted crème sweater. Trust me- I had to try it on!

True birds “Tessa” statement necklace is one for the books. This necklace exudes elegance in the Cleopatra sense. You can dress up any outfit with this option, pair it with a little black dress and it would be charming!

Go out, throw on a statement necklace and steal the show!

All necklaces available at Nordstrom‘s website or at Nordstrom Ottawa!

Credits 1 2 3 4 5 6

An environmental enthusiast with a passion for travel, organics and individual style! Blog - inspiringolivia.wordpress.com Instagram @inspiringolivia Twitter - inspiringolivia