This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

If I had to make a list of things to do in England, London Fashion Week would probably be in my top ten. Known as one of the biggest fashion weeks ever, London rivals with other well-known fashion capitals like New York, Milan, and Paris. From February 19th to February 23rd London Fashion Week AW 2016 hosted some of the biggest names in fashion. Alexander McQueen, Burberry, and Marc Jacobs are just a few illustrious designers I could name drop.

If you followed London Fashion Week via Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or even YouTube, you know that it was a fabulous affair. If you didn’t have a chance to check it out, here’s a highlight of some the collections that graced the runways of London Fashion Week AW 2016!

1. Burberry

Burberry kept it classic with its signature tartan print and trench style. This season featured lovely shades of green and military styled coats.

2. House of Holland

What can I say? I loved the London look! Henry Holland’s collection featured loads of fun prints, from polka dots, leopard prints, and faux fur.

3. Marc Jacobs

Very Victorian. Marc Jacobs seemed to channel the gothic when designing his collection. The prints, the huge hoop skirts, and the dark, spooky makeup all remind us of the elegant but mysterious Victorian style.

4. Alexander McQueen

Alexander McQueen never disappoints. With tons of lace, blush pink shades, and floral and butterfly prints, McQueen’s collection was romantic, feminine, and elegant.

5. TOPSHOP

Military-inspired, edgy, and classic. TOPSHOP’s collection channeled a monochromatic look with neutral shades and houndstooth prints. From leather jackets, to trench coats, and faux fur dusters, the collection looked phenomenal.

6. Vivienne Westwood

Vivienne Westwood’s collection incorporated menswear in the best ways possible. With tailored coats and 1940s styled hats, the collection was classically androgynous and fabulous.

7. Sadie Williams

A pleasant surprise. Sadie Williams wasn’t a name I recognized before but her collection reminded me of Zenon, in a good way. I loved how she played with texture, lines, and colours, much like Zenon’s own intergalactic style.

8. DKNY

So much yes! DKNY’s collection was the perfect blend of monochromatic, sophisticated but edgy street style and I loved it. The runway was filled with structured blazers and jackets, loose fitting button ups, suspenders, and long, flowy skirts.

Did you have a favourite collection? Which looks did you like the most? Snap a pic and tag us on Instagram or send us a tweet on Twitter!

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Kaysey graduated from the University of Ottawa with a double major in English and Sociology and is currently studying Professional Writing and Communications at Humber College. She hails from the fabulous city of Toronto and can quote Disney like it's her job. Some of her favourite things to do are reading, writing, and aimlessly surfing the internet for inspiration. Follow her on Twitter or Instagram, @kaysey_dee,  or check out her blog: Portrait of a Fashionista