This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Boys are crazy. Just make sure they don’t make you crazy.

You can always judge a person by their shoes. Okay maybe not 100%… but realistically you can’t trust a person that wears sneakers in the snow.

Not every relationship is going to work out, no matter how much you want it to. Be strong, pick up your head and move on.

Dinner dates and Coffee breaks are essential to your happiness.

Never turn down vacations or internships for a guy.  Life presents opportunities; rarely ever will you get a second chance to say yes.

Sometimes the best thing to do is to forgive, and move on. Friendships, relationships, the hardest part is to know when enough is enough.  

Quality over Quantity. Having one Louis Vuitton is better than 25 knockoffs right? I like to think of my friends as designer handbags.

Life’s too short to always be mad. Eliminate all that makes you unhappy.

Life isn’t fair. It won’t always work out and shits going to get tough, but keep smiling buttercup, the faster you accept it, the happier you’ll be.

Plastic surgery, think it through before you go nuts.

We all make mistakes, it’s important to own up to them and apologize.

It’s okay to break down from time to time. Happens to the best of us- let those black tears fall.

Graduated from the University of Ottawa with an Honours Bachelor with Specialization in Communications Currently working as a Content Coordinator at an advertising agency in Toronto. For business opportunities or cocktail recommendations: paulinakvanschaik@gmail.com