Last Minute Gift Guide: Family Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

It’s that time of year again! The holidays are fast approaching, and people are franticly running around to get the perfect gift for their family members. Lets be honest, we are all guilty of leaving things to the last minute. Whether its contemplating what to get the person, or not having the time, the reality is we tend to be late when shopping for gifts.

Below is a list of thoughtful, practical, quality gifts that each member of your family will enjoy.

For Your Delightful Dad:

The Jack Black skin care line has amazing products. This line has everything to help men get a clean-shaven face. There are moisturizers, cleansers, as well as anti-aging products all geared to help male skin. These products can be found online or at Sephora.  

For Your Marvelous Mother:

A couple of last minute go to gifts for mom are lotions and scarves. They never disappoint, they are always appreciated, and they’re practical. Kiehls products are more upscale, but are well known and are always nice to give as a gift. If you are looking for something smaller in size, their lip balms are the best! They come in several different flavours and are always a hit.

Also, you can never make a mistake with a knit circle scarf like this one from J. Crew. With the cold weather fast approaching, I’m sure it will be put to good use.

For your Best Brother:

My brother always appreciates when I get him clothes for the holidays. My go to place is American Eagle. Their jeans are very comfortable and they always have some plain long sleeve shirts that can be worn casual or fancy. Plus, the prices aren’t outrageous!  

For your Spectacular Sister:

I find a lot of girls like to receive perfume for the holidays. Girls are always looking to add to their collection. If you go to Sephora, there is a wide array of different scents to choose from. Just make sure get a gift receipt because it’s hard to guess what another person may like when it comes to scents. Another alternative would be the Bath and Body Works holiday scented candles. These smell amazing and make any room festive. These are always a good little gift to receive. These are two gifts that any girl would definitely enjoy!

Before you go shopping, make sure to take a good look at this list and I guarantee that you will be able to find something that each of your family members will enjoy!

Happy Holidays and Happy Shopping!  

Credits 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

My name is Jaclyn Friedlich. I am 19 years old, and currently finishing up my first year in communications at uOttawa! I have been living in Ottawa for the last 15 years and I am so happy to have stayed here for university as well!