It’s the Most Beautiful Time of the Year: Sweater Weather!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Sweater Weather is just about to start (I mean if this sweaty weather goes away) and I. AM. SO. HAPPY. Leaves are turning from a bright green to a yellow ish, to a dark red. The cold air slightly touches our warm faces and everything kind of falls into a calm, light, and cozy atmosphere. I would say it’s the most beautiful time of the year and here’s why.

Flannels

Wearing jeans with a cute flannel, all cuddled up in a warm blanket. Isn’t that the best thing ever?

Autumn Leaves

Watching leaves changing color as they fall onto the ground. Beautiful. Magical.

Pumpkin Spice Everything

Classic, basic, yes. But, I mean Pumpkin Spice Lattés, Ice Cream, Pies, Everything!

Apple Picking

Remember when you went apple picking with your family as a kid?

Halloween

Costumes. Candies. Candies. Candies. Spooky Stories. Candies. Did I say candies?

Thanksgiving

Family. Food. What could be better than this?

Football

Don’t get me wrong but, I do love watching a game or two of football. Cute players. I mean, good game, good game.

Getting ready for Christmas

Fall means winter is coming and for some, it’s a nightmare. But, for me, it’s the most beautiful time of the year. Why? Because it means it’s time to get ready for Christmas and that, is the greatest thing of all time. It never gets old and never will be.

Sweater weather is coming and I am pretty sure in mid-January when the snow will fall heavily and the cold wind will scar my face until the end of winter that I will say: ”Summer, where are you? Please come back! I miss you.’’ But for now, sweater weather, I.LOVE.YOU

Noémie is the Senior Editor at the University of Ottawa Her Campus Chapter. Noémie is an undergraduate student of the University of Ottawa where she studies Communications and Lettres françaises. She is also a Marketing and Communication Officer for the Co-opervative Education Programs at the University of Ottawa. Noémie qualifies herself as a ''21 years old, gluten & lactose intolerant hipster that paints colors in people's mind, using black and white words.'' You most likely will find Noémie at her favorite local coffee place, drinking a London Fog and writing down words for her future novel.
Fourth year Criminology student at the University of Ottawa, Leafs fan, makeup lover and Harry Potter enthusiast.