Inspirational Thanksgiving Outfits – Eat Your Turkey In Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Thanksgiving is one of my favourite times of the year. You eat turkey until you literally can’t breath, see friends and family followed by a nice big slice of pumpkin pie to top off the food marathon weekend. With only food on my mind, sometimes I forget the most important thing: figuring out that cute outfit to wear for each occasion during the weekend. So I decided, why not make an article on three celebrity-inspired Thanksgiving outfits that we can all benefit from for this long weekend.

Boyfriend’s Parents Thanksgiving Dinner

Whether it’s your first time spending Thanksgiving with your possible future in-laws or your hundredth time spending dinner with the ‘fam’, you want to look classy enough to have his mother approve of you and stylish enough to bring out your true confidence at the dinner table. This look is the simple knit sweater with a fashionable plaid coloured button down. To make the outfit a little more comfortable and casual, grab you favourite pair of jeans and some cute riding boots. Now no outfit is complete without an accessory and adding a stable necklace is the perfect finishing touch for this look.

Now if layering is not your forte, simply wear a chunky fall inspired sweater instead. Still comfortable, yet put together with the statement necklace or chunky scarf.

At Home for Thanksgiving

If you are coming down for Thanksgiving weekend after a week of midterms or spending dinner with your immediate family, this is the outfit for you. You probably don’t really care about how you’ll look on Thanksgiving, because all you want is your turkey and your plate filled with stuffing. This outfit is an easy no brainer. It’s simple, easy, comfortable, and lazy…but no one needs to know that. Throw on your favourite jeggings/high wasted jeans and an oversized top or sweater.

Add some simple statement piece earrings and/or a necklace and you’re ready to eat in style. You are not only comfortable to play video games with the family, but also created an invisible cloak for that weekend turkey baby belly.

Netflix and Turkey

Now, if you are not in the mood to dress up, you are not going home for thanksgiving or you could not care less for turkey and food bellies, than you’ve found your ultimate weekend outfit. Find your favourite band t-shirt, leggings and warm roots socks, and you’re good to go. Even though no one will see you except for Channing Tatum and your bowl of popcorn, doesn’t mean you don’t have to look good on this lazy weekend.

Let us know what your favourite outfit was or what outfit you ended up wearing on Thanksgiving weekend on twitter @HCuOttawa! Have a lovely Thanksgiving weekend to you and your loved ones!

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

HEllO! My name is Shika. I am a communications major at the University of Ottawa in love with fashion and a born travel gypsy. I love how fashion is a great way for people to express them selves both artistically and personally. I also love traveling since its a great way to appreciate the cultures our amazing world has to offer, I get to experience new things and go through my never ending bucket list of life travel goals. Yes I am a Netflix and chill girl when I am not writing ( I mean in sweats and watching a marathon of Sex and the City). I also love shopping of course, food, YouTube, hanging out with friends and family, social butterfly, avid healthy lifestyle individual and an active participant in the humanitarian community. I hope you enjoy the stories I share with you and hope it inspires you and your friends to share their stories too.