Starbucks Holiday 6?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Starbucks Holiday 6?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Starbucks

I Tried All the Starbucks 2022 Holiday Drinks so You Don’t Have To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Her Campus at U Ottawa is located on the unceded, unsurrendered land of the Anishinaabe Algonquin Nation. I recognize the valuable past and present contributions of all Indigenous peoples to this land, whose presence here reaches back to time immemorial.

If you’re a Starbucks girly like me, you know just how big the holiday launch is! This year, the Christmas launch hit stores on November 3rd and consisted of five drinks: the sugar cookie oat latte, the classic peppermint mocha, the Irish cream cold brew, the chestnut praline latte, and the caramel brûlée latte. I know I’m a little late to the game, but here is my review!

Sugar cookie oat latte

Rating: 10 /10

The sugar cookie oat latte is the perfect non-dairy drink for the holidays. It’s made with delicious sugar cookie syrup, oat milk, blonde espresso, and of course, the iconic green and red sprinkles. This drink is a definite must-try, and is great hot or cold!

Caramel brûlée Latte

Rating: 8/10

This latte is actually a new favourite of mine. I wasn’t sure how I would feel about it, but lo and behold, I couldn’t get enough after the first sip! The flavours are rich and creamy, and perfectly mimic a crème brûlée (which is one of my favourite desserts). Not to mention the sugar toppings add just a bit of extra fun. I’m not a huge fan of whip cream, so I would suggest getting opting out. If you’re not sure which holiday drink to try, I would start with this comfort classic.

Peppermint mocha

Rating: 7.5/10

Fun fact: I bet you didn’t know you can order the classic peppermint mocha all year round! This classic Starbucks holiday drink never fails to amaze. It’s made with steamed milk, mocha sauce, espresso, just the right amount of whip cream, and of course, peppermint syrup. Enjoy it sweet or half sweet, as a hot drink, or as a Frappuccino!

Mocha
Shun Matsuhashi / Spoon

irish cream cold brew

Rating: 7/10

Calling all cold brew lovers, this is one for you! This holiday drink offers Irish cream syrup and hints of both vanilla and chocolate, making it the ideal holiday drink if you’re not looking for something super sweet. I really enjoyed the vanilla sweet cream cold foam. I highly recommend you check this drink out!

chestnut praline latte

Rating: 6.5/10

Unfortunately for me, the chestnut praline latte is not my personal favourite, but it is considered an under-appreciated sipper. This latte is made with steamed milk and espresso with hints of chestnuts. If you love nutty flavours, definitely give it a try. Who knows? Maybe you’ll end up liking it more than I do.

Homemade Coffee
Amy Cho / Spoon

The Starbucks holiday lineup is one you definitely don’t want to miss! Get out there and enjoy one today to fuel your holiday shopping, gift wrapping, and fun holiday activities.

Charlotte Lyons

U Ottawa '23

Charlotte is a fourth-year organizational communication student at the University of Ottawa. She loves everything coffee, TikTok trends, reading and binge-watching Tv shows! Thanks for stopping by!