This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

It’s officially Thanksgiving weekend! Cue the family fun, lavish dinner and ensuing game of Refrigerator Tetris. This is the part that you’ve all been waiting for–welcome friends, to another round of Thanksgiving leftover terror! It’s truly the meal that keeps on giving! No matter how many Tupperware containers your mom tries to pawn off on your dinner guests, you still end up with enough food to last you most of the week. It’s about time you ditch the overstuffed sandwiches, you’re better than that anyway! Without further ado, here are two recipes you need to remember so you don’t drown yourself in leftover gravy (again!). 

THANKSGIVING PIZZA 

INGREDIENTS 

• 1 pound pizza dough 
  • 1 cup turkey gravy 
  • 1/2 cup (whole berry) cranberry sauce 
  • 3/4 cup mashed potatoes 
  • 1 cup turkey, diced or shredded 
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese 
  • 3 T. red onion, thinly sliced 
  • 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced 
  • 1/2 t. dried sage 
  • 1/2 t. dried thyme
  • 1/2 t. ground black pepper 

INSTRUCTIONS 

• Preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray a baking sheet or pizza stone with cooking spray. 
  • Roll out the pizza dough onto the baking sheet or pizza stone. 
  • Spread the turkey gravy onto the pizza. 
  • Evenly distribute dollops of mashed potato onto the pizza. 
  • Top the pizza with the mozzarella cheese, turkey, sliced red onion, and celery. 
  • Drizzle the cranberry sauce onto the pizza. 
  • Bake the pizza for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly. 

CRANBERRY PIE

INGREDIENTS 

• 1 pie crust 
  • 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries 
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts 
  • 1/2 t. orange zest 
  • 2 1/2 t. cornstarch
  • 1 t. ground nutmeg 
  • 1 cup sugar, divided 
  • 1 T. all-purpose flour 

• 1/2 cup heavy cream 

• 1 large egg white 

INSTRUCTIONS 

• Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
  • Arrange the pie crust into a 9 inch pan. 

• In a medium-sized bowl, combine and stir cranberries, walnuts, orange zest, cornstarch, and nutmeg. 

• Spread the cranberry mixture evenly onto the crust. 

• Cover the cranberries with 1/3 cup of sugar. 

• In another medium-sized bowl, add the remaining 2/3 cup of sugar and the flour. 

• Slowly stir in the heavy cream until combined. Pour the mixture into the pie. 

• Brush the edges of the pie crust with the egg white. 

• Bake the pie for 45 minutes. 

• Refrigerate for at least an hour. 

23 / coffee aficionado / local plant and fashion enthusiast / food before dudes / currently completing a bachelor's degree in Lettres françaises et éducation ❤️
Fourth year Criminology student at the University of Ottawa, Leafs fan, makeup lover and Harry Potter enthusiast.