This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

It’s that time of year again! Exams are over and it is time to go as far south as you can. When it comes time to pack for your big vacation, there are some fashion and beauty products that are essential, and must be considered before you hop on that plane. These four products are important for any beach holiday, especially if you want to keep your skin healthy and glowing.

1. Sunscreen: Before you even decide to put on any makeup, sunscreen is the first step. When you are at the beach, you never know when you will get a burn. By putting on sunscreen as part of your morning routine, you will not have to worry about forgetting throughout the day, and it will protect you from those harsh rays.

2. Tinted Moisturizer: I find it hard to go to the beach without any makeup on at all. However, I do not recommend wearing a full face of foundation. By using a tinted moisturizer, you are allowing yourself to create the illusion that you are not wearing that much makeup, but it still has the coverage you need.

3. WATERPROOF mascara: No matter what you do, make sure your mascara is waterproof. The last thing you need are raccoon eyes at the beach. By using waterproof mascara, you are guaranteeing that it will stay on all day and that there will be no makeup mishaps.

4. Lip balm with SPF: You may think that you can go without the product; however, it is one of the most important. When your lips burn and the delicate skin blisters and peels, it can be extremely painful, and even ruin your vacation.

5. Sunglasses: Did you know its actually dangerous not to wear sunglasses? Who knew? If strong UV rays come into contact with your eyes for a significant amount of time, it can cause damage. Protect those eyes by wearing your favourite pair of sunnies!

Now that you have packed accordingly, I hope you have an amazing beach vacation!!

Happy Holidays!

Credits 1 2 3 4 5 6

My name is Jaclyn Friedlich. I am 19 years old, and currently finishing up my first year in communications at uOttawa! I have been living in Ottawa for the last 15 years and I am so happy to have stayed here for university as well!