freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Find Your Summer Fling

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

The one thing I truly love about the end of winter is that all the gorgeous men start to pop out. You’re asking yourself “where were they all winter”? Everywhere you turn men are looking divine. You think you are going crazy because they are so many hot guys, but you can’t have them all. So, you have no choice but to activate your summer mode and find yourself a summer fling. Exams are finally done, which means you are ready for some fun and romance. You will find one soon, if you know what to do.

1. Dress to impress

Summer is the time of the year where you can take any fashion risk. Be wild and try some clothing that you wouldn’t normally wear. Search your closet for all of your skirts, shorts or dresses and show your future beau what he is missing in his life right now. If you don’t have anything, well girl it’s time to go shopping! Take advantage of all the spring sales taking place right now. Don’t be afraid to wear a lot of colour and show some skin, because you want all eyes to be on you this summer.

2. Start the Man Hunt

After the terrible winter we just had, I doubt you will find a boy indoors. So, my advice to you is to spend most of your time outside. I know you are tired from all your exams and want to catch up on some sleep, but that can wait. Boys will want to catch a tan and feel the fresh breeze. Go to outdoor bars, pools, beaches, and basketball courts… just go explore! If you’re willing, take a couple of friends and hit the road to visit other cities to see some fresh new faces.

3. Look outside the box

The point of a summer fling is to have a fun time and not necessarily commit, so when the vacation is over, everyone can move on. Don’t go looking for Mr. Perfect. Nobody got time for that… every minute is precious! Go talk to a guy that usually isn’t your type. Just because he doesn’t tick all of the boxes on your checklist, doesn’t mean he won’t make a great summer fling.

4. Be straight forward

Did I tell you that summer is short? Yes, well you don’t have the time to play the mysterious/hard to get girl strategy. If you like the guy let him know and make a move. Don’t sit around waiting to see if he texts you first or not. It’s the 21st century, just take charge and don’t be scared to flirt. However, make sure that you’re not flirting with different guys at the same spot.

5. Be on the same page

Once you know have found la crème de la crème make sure that both of you know what you are getting yourself into. Tell him that you don’t want a serious relationship that will continue after the vacation period, or tell him that if things go well between you too, you might want to continue the relationship. Summer fling or not, it’s just as important to remember to communicate. When school starts again you want to be able to gush about your summer to your friend and not be dealing with a heartbreak.

Have a lovely summer collegiettes!

Picture credits:

1, 2, 3, 4

Gloria Charles-Pierre is Her Campus uOttawa Alumni. She was one of our writers for four years and the French editor for two years. Gloria graduated from the University of Ottawa with a degree in Arts specialized in French Lierature and two certificates in LSQ (Langue des Signes Québécoise). Now, she is in Teachers College and loving it. Gloria spends her time doing kick-boxing and working on her personnal writing project while growing in her faith. She hopes to travel more, and to continue her studies with a Masters in Education and also continue working in editing.