4 Ways to Get Into the Halloween Spirit!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Spooky season is upon us once again! Whether or not you enjoy the scary parts of Halloween or just enjoy the overall spooky season aesthetic, you can still have a great time (scares or not). So grab your besties and do these four activities ASAP! 

1. Watch a Halloween movie

Whether or not you enjoy jump scares or funny horror movies, we’ve got you covered! Put on some comfy clothes, dim the lights, grab the popcorn, and be sure to watch a new Halloween movie this spooky season.

Hocus Pocus —- It’s always best to watch the original before the sequel comes out! This loosely Salem Witch Trial-inspired movie is best if you enjoy some laughs and scares. Be sure to watch the sequel on Disney+.

2. Go to a pumpkin patch

Don’t purchase a pumpkin at the grocery store—where’s the fun in that? Make it a fun tradition to visit a pumpkin patch, get cute pics for the ‘gram, and have an overall fun day with your besties! Don’t forget to get some homemade apple cider from the farm, too. 

3. Tour a haunted house

A haunted house is the best way to get into the Halloween spirit! Truth be told, this activity is not for the faint-hearted, so grab a group of your besties and go together. Whether you’re into the creepy tours or a few carefree jump-scares, be sure to check out a haunted house tour near you! 

4. Have a Halloween costume party

Costume parties are a great opportunity for you to get creative or keep up with the latest costume trends! This is also the easiest way to get your group together whether or not you enjoy spooky season. Get creative, have fun, and don’t forget to post on social media!

Happy Halloween from Her Campus at U Ottawa!

Charlotte Lyons

U Ottawa '23

Charlotte is a fourth-year organizational communication student at the University of Ottawa. She loves everything coffee, TikTok trends, reading and binge-watching Tv shows! Thanks for stopping by!