The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.
Her Campus at uOttawa’s Beauty Awards series shares the best skincare, haircare, and cosmetic product recs that our chapter has to offer. We hope that our favourites will become your favourites too.

From shampoo and conditioner to rinse-out masks and leave-in treatments, we’ve got you covered. Even on the days when you don’t have time for a shower. Say hello to your best hair day yet.

Goldwell Rich Repair Shampoo and Conditioner, $17 & $19, Shop Now

“This salon-quality shampoo and conditioner duo hydrates my hair, tames my frizz, and prevents my highlights from getting brassy. And it also smells great, too!”

–Emily Clements, Fashion & Beauty Editor

Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Hair Mask, $49, Shop now

“This deep conditioning mask from Briogeo smells amazing and makes my hair feel so, so soft. My hair has been damaged from hair dye and straightening, and this mask helps to restore its smooth and healthy texture.”

–Grace Kim-Shin, Writer

Wella Invigo Brilliance Treatment, $28, Shop Now

“Applying this mask is by far my favourite part of washing my hair because its scent is addicting. I let a small amount of product sit in my hair for the 5 minutes suggested on the packaging before rinsing it out. I find that it makes my hair super shiny and smooth, while enhancing my hair colour, too!”

–Teaghan Durand, Lifestyle Editor

Aveda nutriplenish leave-in conditioner, $50, Shop Now

“If you get regular highlights or balayage, this product is for you. This is my holy grail leave-in conditioner because it hydrates my hair so effectively, especially in the weeks after I bleach it. I use this product on damp post-shower hair to make my it feel softer, silkier, and shinier once it dries.”

–Gwendolyne Seto, Entertainment Editor

OGX Extra Strength Damage Remedy + Coconut Miracle Oil Hair Mask, $8, Shop Now

“I love this hair mask because it really helps to heal and hide split ends, which are otherwise quite noticeable in my pin-straight hair.”

–Geneviève Belanger, Writer

TRESemmé Hairspray Thermal Creations Heat Tamer, $9, Shop Now

“I’ve been using this heat protectant spray for over two years and I notice a huge difference if I ever forget to use it: my hair develops split ends and suffers major heat damage. Luckily, I rarely forget, and this product prevents all that. I know when I use this product that my thin hair will thank me for it later!”

–Emily Crandall, Writer

Gisou Honey Infused Hair Oil, $33, shop now

“This hair oil tames flyaways and gives my ends a bit more shine. I usually use it after I shower, rubbing a bit between my hands and applying it to my hair while concentrating on my roots to mid-length. It’s cruelty-free and (supposedly) works on all hair types!”

–Gwendolyne Seto, Entertainment Editor

Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo, $34, Shop now

“There’s a reason why this dry shampoo is a cult favourite — actually, there’s a few: it isn’t chalky; it suits all hair types; and it really works! Plus, if you’re in a try-don’t-buy type of mood (me, always), you can grab a trial size for your 2022 birthday gift at Sephora.”

Do you love what we love? Check out the other articles in our Beauty Awards series:

Come back tomorrow to read about more of our favourite products and brands!

May your beauty shine from the inside out.

Emily wrote and edited for Her Campus and Her Campus at uOttawa from 2020–2022.
Teaghan is a fourth-year Translation student who loves drinking espresso and thrifting--in that order. She is also a part of the Campus Trendsetters community! Find her on Instagram @teaghandurand :)
Gen is a fourth year student majoring in Health Science: Population and Public Health stream. She loves yoga, travelling, caring for her grandparents at home and video games!
Emily Crandall

U Ottawa '24

4th-year Communications and Sociology student at the University of Ottawa.