This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Arguably, the best time of the year has finally arrived (asides from Christmas, of course). Indeed, cooler weather, camp fire, and pumpkin spice season is upon us. The chill in the air might just make you want to hide inside all day, but here’s a list of fun and spooky things you can do in Ottawa this Halloween season:

Pumpkinferno

Take a tour through this spectacular outdoor art exhibit of 7,000 handcrafted pumpkins all lit at night along a picturesque 19th-century backdrop. Open evenings from late September through October, you won’t want to miss this chance to walk in a world of pumpkins.

Crawloween

Dress up and take part in a Halloween-themed pub crawl in the Market on Saturday, October 27. There are great prizes to be won and fun to be had!

Zombie tour at the Diefenbunker

Descend deep into the former nuclear fallout shelter and take a 60-75-minute-long tour with the undead. Guests will be led on an interactive adventure deep inside the labyrinth that is the Cold War Museum.

Ghosts and Gallows

Join Ottawa’s Haunted Walk series by taking a dive inside the old Carleton County jail. Tour the cellblock and ranges where inmates of all kinds were once imprisoned. Walk the steps from Death Row to the last working gallows in Canada.

Saunders Farm

Head over to Saunders Farm to experience Ottawa’s original haunted hay ride. FrightFest includes 5 fright sites (Haunts), live original shows, street theater, Ag-Arcade games, food booths and a tavern.

Pumpkin Fest and Skreamers

Join Proulx Maple and Berry Farm as they transform into a giant Halloween playground this season. At night, you can experience Skreamers’ Orleans Asylum for the Insane first-hand by touring the laboratories and more.

Haunted House on the Hill

During the Halloween season, the Billings Estate National Historic Site will become a haunted house. Explore one of Ottawa’s oldest wood-framed houses and experience new terrors and chilling sights around every turn.

Escape Rooms

For some spooky fun all year round, check out one of many escape rooms located all around Ottawa. Get together with a group of friends and see if you can find clues and solve puzzles to escape before the clock runs out!

Enjoy the Halloween season! 

Fourth year Criminology student at the University of Ottawa, Leafs fan, makeup lover and Harry Potter enthusiast.