Style

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly Christmas Sweaters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

There are some things that are just classically Christmas: snow, decorations, Mariah Carey, and most importantly Christmas sweaters. Whether you’re going for a classic one or a fun slogan sweater, there is a sweater for everyone! Here are some ways to style it according to your personality.

If you’re into minimalistic style:

You naturally go for a simple fashion piece in your regular day and you just want a little Christmas incorporation into your aesthetic. Go for an easy pattern or even a solid Christmas colour and add a pair of skinny jeans

Where to go: Gap, Old Navy

If your humor is more on the punny side:

You like keeping things fun and nothings more fun than a joke sweater your grandma’s bound to not understand. Paired with a simple pair of black leggings keeps you warm and cozy and keeps the focus on your sweater for all your relatives to judge.

Where to go: Tipsy Elves

If you’re not a fan of bright colours:

You’re not scrooge per say but green and red have never been your colours. Still showcase that Christmas spirit with holiday sweaters in muted or darker colour. Keep a structured look with leather pants.

Where to go: H & M, JC Penny

If you keep things trendy & classy: 

You’re always up to date on the latest trend and Christmas is just another day to showcase your sense of style. Go for more of a fashion statement by pairing it with a stylish skirt.

Where to go: Zara

I hope that these sweater ideas put you in the Christmas mood and help with your holiday outfits! 

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Vanessa is a writer on the Fashion & Beauty team at the University of Ottawa Her Campus Chapter.She is studying Social Science with a double minor in Economics and Public Administration. In her free time she loves to write, read, dance, and explore the city.
Fourth year Criminology student at the University of Ottawa, Leafs fan, makeup lover and Harry Potter enthusiast.