Feature Nails Hero
Feature Nails Hero
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media
Style > Beauty

Go-To Nail Ideas For All Seasons

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

As the seasons’ change, staying on top of the latest looks can be challenging. Too busy to stay on top of the latest nail fads? Fear not! Here are some of my go-to trends that never seem to go out of style. These nails can be for any season, any shape, and any length! 

1. Solid Basics

Solid colours like grey, blue, mauve, white and pink are so versatile that they can be done in any season. Plus, they are easy to match outfits with and look good on any nail type or shape. These colours come in a variety of shades, which allows for a change in season. For example, a light blue would go great with the new, blooming flowers and the softness of spring, whereas a robin’s egg blue would be popping in the summer and look great with a tan! Moving into the fall, choose a nice deep blue to go with the coolness of autumn and with your cute fall outfits. And lastly, a dark, deep blue that goes with the snow is perfect for the early nights of winter. 

periwinkle manicure on short nails
Photo by Kristina Paukshtite from Pexels

2. Classic French

Another option is a nice French manicure —  Either basic French, an ombre French or an airbrush french (all great options!) The best thing about a French manicure is that you can choose to dress it up with different colours or play it safe with a basic white. The French manicure is great because it looks classy all the time. It can be dressed up and dressed down, which makes it easy to match with all of your outfits.

White nails against pink flowers
Photo by Tiko Giorgadze from Unsplash

3. Accent Nails

If you’re feeling like you need a little flare, why not add an accent nail? Start with  a simple colour and then add a pop of gems or flowers on one nail per hand (or even two!) 

Photo by Designecologist from Pexels

Emily Poulter

U Ottawa '22

Hello Everyone! I am a new writer for Her Campus! I am a third year criminology student at the University of Ottawa. I am a proud pawrent of a cute kitty named Beau who is the sweetest boy. I want my readers to know a little about me before reading about what I have to say. I grew up in Hamilton, ON, the youngest of three. As most, I have had my fair share of bullying and mean girls. I am not perfect and I have my challenges but we are not alone because now we have each other. I hope that my articles on Her Campus are ones that you as a reader can relate to, and lets have some fun!. So, hope to release an article soon!
Just your average criminology major, who enjoys watching Supernatural, The Boys and occasionally catching a hockey game. Probably off somewhere writing a novel!