Style > Beauty

Gift List: For the Lover of Fashion and Beauty

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

It’s the time of year where your shopping skills are put to the test. We all know it’s the thought that counts, but additional value is added when you get the gift just right. If you are looking for a gift for that person in your life that breathes fashion and beauty, whose impeccable style is hard to match, here are some ideas to find the perfect present.

1. Make-Up
Sephora is always a good place to start when on the hunt for the perfect present. Not only do they have a bunch of colourfully packaged products, but around this time of year they also have great variety bundles. These boxes of goodies are perfect if you can’t nail down one item for that special someone.

Benefit, Feelin’ Dandy Lip & Cheek Kit, $36.00
bareMinerals, Get Started Complexion Kit, $42.00
Josie Maran, Whimsical Wonder Argan Oil Color Essentials, $41.00

2. Jewelry
Now there is no need to splurge (although, if you want to, go for it!) when looking for a little sparkle! Costume jewelry is always well appreciated by any fashionista. The hard part with jewelry is knowing someone’s specific style. Do they like big and bold? Or small and subtle? Silver or Gold? The best you can do is some recon work before you purchase, and just keep an eye out for what styles they’re sporting. Forever 21 is a great place to get awesome jewelry for not too much, letting you put together a full look for the style diva in your life. This collegiette totally loves the stacked ring look right now!

Forever 21, Caged Midi Ring Set, $11.90

3. Scents
Following the same path as make-up related gifts, there are tons of fragrance gift sets out there that could be perfect! Now tread lightly here, because if presented improperly, giving perfume as a gift could give off the “you smell” vibe and that’s not jolly or merry. Nonetheless, these sampler sets are perfect for any beauty-lover.

Chloe, Mini Gift Set, $40.00

4. Books
There are tons of books out there perfect for any fashionista! From style guides to coffee table books, you can’t go wrong purchasing one of these aesthetically beautiful books.

Chapters, It by Alexa Chung, $23.63

Chapters, Coco Chanel: The Illustrated World of a Fashion Icon, $22.70

If you just can’t find that perfect something for your loved one, a gift card to their favourite store or to a store they’ve always wanted to try works too. No matter what your friend, colleague, or family member will be so thankful for the thought.

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8