Get The Look: Taylor Swift

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

We may be used to seeing celebrities dressed up in designer gowns walking down the red carpet, but most of them have some great street style too! Even though we may not have access to the same designer items here in Ottawa, we can still draw insipration from celebrities’ outfits when we are getting dressed for class.

Taylor Swift was spotted wearing this fox sweater in the fall of 2012, while at the Central Park ZOO with then-boyfriend Harry Styles. Taylor may have ditched Harry since then, but her outfit is still very much on trend for this fall! We are here to help you recreate it on a student budget! You can easily pick up these items at the Rideau Centre or order them online, and you won’t have to spend even half of what Taylor did.

Taylor’s Outfit:

Aubin & Wills Portland Jumper: $150;  Diesel Jeans Burgundy Wool Coat: $185; Marc by Marc Jacobs Jeans: $100; Bakers Shoes Oxford Flat: $61;

Total: $496

Affordable Option:

Old Navy Fox Sweater: $22; H&M Double Breasted Jacket: $50; Forever 21 Skinny Jeans: $7.80; Call it Spring Oxford Flat: $45; Aldo Messenger Bag: $50;

Total: $174.80

If these specific items aren’t exactly your style, you can tweak the outfit to make it your own. Forever 21 has many great options for affordable jeans, we were able to find some for less than $10! If you are looking for cute oxfords, Call it Spring and Aldo are your best bet. It just goes to show: you don’t need to spend a fortune to look like a star!

Let us know if there are any other celebrity outfits you would like us to recreate and we will hunt down those items for you!

Photo Credits:

http://www.hellomagazine.com/i…