The Fragrances you MUST have for the Winter season!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Check out the fragrances that are as sexy as you are!

Tis the season to smell good! And, I mean, “Deck the halls with bows of holly; Santa’s coming to town; Grandma got run over by a reind”- well no, I won’t go that far! But, despite Grandma’s unfortunate incident, and the cold frosty weather, it is the time that many of us enjoy wearing our favorite perfume! And, if you’re like me, you’ll have a shelf dedicated to a huge variety of perfumes from 10 different designers with each incorporating their own unique shape and color. This article is perfect to get you in the mood to feed your perfume addiction!

BUT, if you are the type to have a couple sample tubes, and a “nice” drug store perfume, this article will introduce you to this season’s top notch scents from numerous designers! Now I KNOW, I KNOW the struggle of being a student is living off your minimum wage job and having to pay for all those bills AND concentrating on school so perfumes may not be the first thing on your mind. And that’s ok. There are tons of affordable options out there to help introduce you the idea of smelling like something other than your body-odor! But, sometimes, you deserve to spend a little extra dough on YOU! Because you deserve to smell like beautiful flowers, rainbows, and musk! Yes, musk!

After hours of searching and asking people what their favorite winter perfumes are, I came across a nice variety of wintery perfumes picked by out by our own HerCampus members! Check out their fave winter perfumes for 2014/2015!!

Elizabeth and James – Nirvana ($26-90)

Nirvana Black and White are two very strong and alluring fragrances that capture the scents of sandalwood, rich vanilla, tempting violates, peonys and a gentle musky scent to compliment the scent of a woman.

Chanel – Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum ($68-120)

Chanel is always a must in any woman’s perfume collection. It adds sophistication that screams of Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel. Can be purchased at Sephora or at any Chanel fragrace counter.

Burberry – My Burberry ($72-125)

Sephora describes My Burberry as being able to “capture the fragrance of a London garden after the rain.” Intrigued?

Amber by Prada – ($64-112)

As the name given by Prada suggests, Amber truly encompasses the ideas possibility, and excitement! Perfect for the holiday season, and the wintry air!

Taylor Swift – Enchanted Wonderstruck ($63-78)

Enchanted Wonderstruck brings the magic and beauty to the winter season with fresh scents of wild berries and hints of sensuality! Perfect to celebrate the New Years! Available at The Bay!

Guerlain’s La Petite Robe Noire ($67-117)

As said by Sephora, La Petite Robe Noire is an “absolutely essential and utterly irresistible perfumed creation.” Well if that ain’t enough to convince you otherwise, I don’t know what will!

Stella McCartney – Stella ($22-92)

Stella is the perfect fragrance to emphasise your femininity! It brings fresh and darks scents to the table such as roses, peonies, mandarins, and amber! 

Don’t be afraid to try some of these out for yourself! There’s a world of possibilities out there!

Credits: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Hey my name is Madison, and I'm a fourth year English & Communications major at the University of Ottawa. I love fashion, beauty, and anything health related! I'm a frequent blogger (yay for tumblr), painter, writer, vinyl collector, traveler, shopaholic, and a hopeless romantic.