person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

Five Tattoo Artists to Follow on Instagram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Tattoos have become incredibly popular and more and more accepted in our everyday life. Almost everyone either has one or knows someone who has one. Whether you’re planning your next tattoo or you just want to look at some really cool artists, here’s a list of a few tattoo artists to check out on Instagram.

1. _dr_woo_
Doctor Woo may be one of the coolest tattoo artists around! He’s one of the most popular celebrity tattoo artists, but his work is also gorgeous. He uses a half needle technique to get very thin lines on all his tattoos and he mainly works in black and white! Each of his tattoos is unique and his Instagram is a source of endless inspiration!

2. burakatattooflash
Madame Buraka is a Paris tattoo artist who mainly does line work. Her work is gorgeous and simple as it usually doesn’t have shading, but at the same time it’s elegant and sexy. She’s also a traveling tattoo artist, which is pretty cool! 

3. sashaunisex
Sasha’s a Russian tattoo artist known for her colourful artwork and geometric art. Although her Instagram isn’t solely her tattoo work, it provides images of her artwork and her life as well, and is full of whimsical colours. 

4. bangbangnyc
This NYC tattoo shop is immensely popular among celebrities. They do a wide range of tattoo work, although I’ve noticed that they do a lot of thin line work. Their colour pieces are gorgeous and they mix black and white tattoos with coloured tattoos in order to create an amazing effect. The tattoo featured here is by an artist at the shop called maxim.nyc. Follow him here for his specific work!

5. emily_rose_murray
Emily is an Australian tattoo artist who probably has the most traditional tattoo style on this list. While traditional, her style also takes on a 1920’s vibe and each unique piece has incredible detail to it. She tends to work in dark colors, which gives her work a glamorous yet edgy feeling. She gets bonus points for her cute dog that she frequently features on her Instagram. 

Sources: Cover, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

SaveSave

Bethany is currently a fourth year Anthropology and Sociology student at the University of Ottawa. She loves fashion, makeup, travel and her dog Gatsby. In her spare time, she loves writing, reading, and exploring the city.