“Finding That Face For Fashion” – Press The Fashion’s 2014 Model Search

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Have you always dreamed of becoming a fashion model? Ottawa is not known for being the most fashionable city in Canada, but even Ottawa girls have the potential to break into the fashion industry! PRESS The Fashion Magazine is hosting a city-wide Model Search to find the next face of fashion. The winner will walk away with some amazing prizes. Not only will you recieve representation from Angie’s Models & Talent, you will also be featured on the cover and inside the pages of an upcoming issue of PRESS The Fashion Magazine! The winner will star in Zarucci’s F/W 14 campaign and appear in an advertisement for international accessories brand Originals by Andrea. PRESS The Fashion Magazine is distributed throughout Ottawa, as well as select loactions in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Kingston, Peterborough, New York, Chicago and Tokyo. With a focus on local, the magazine features local models, photographers, makeup artists, designers and more every issue, while also featuring national and international talent.

PRESS The Fashion Magazine is looking for potential female models aged 14 and up with a minimum height of 5’7’’. Applicants can send their submis­sions to info@pressthefashionmagazine.com ‘attn: model search’ with their name, age, height, dress size and shoe size with a head/face shot as well as a clothed full body shot, by January 2nd, 2014.*Applicants under the age of eighteen (should they be selected) must bring a parent or legal guardian to the casting.

Semi-finalists will be contacted for a casting call at Angie’s Models & Talent by January 15th, where each girl’s potential will be evaluated by a panel of judges composed of Angie Sakla-Seymour, Christopher Massardo, Nora Zabarah Pucci and Andrea Kolpaska.

This could be a once in a lifetime opportunity to launch an amazing career in fashion! Angie’s Model’s represents more than 175 models and actors for the thriving film industry, print, runway local, national and international, and commercial broadcast industries. Angie’s Models & Talent Inc. is world renowned for the development and placement of its new faces, models and actors. Past and Present models have graced the covers and pages of Elle Canada, ID, Capital Style, Teen Vogue, Clein D’Oil, Men’s health, Brides, Harper’s Bazaar, Press The Fashion, and Press The Beauty. As well as landed many prestigious campaigns such as Calvin Klein, Abercrombie and Fitch, Sports Check, Target, Marshall’s, Nike, Nordstroms, and L’oreal just to name a few.

Chloe on the cover of Press The Fashion

Need more convincing? Just look at last year’s winner, Chloe, who won representation with Models International Management, was featured on the cover of PRESS The Fashion Magazine’s Spring 2013 edition and appeared in multiple ads for Originals by Andrea. Successfully juggling high school and a modeling career, Chloe is now also signed to Montage Models in Montreal, Sutherland Models in Toronto and has booked jobs with Ottawa Fashion Week, Toronto Fashion Week, shot with some of the country’s best photographers and most recently for Montreal brand Soia & Kyo.

For more information, go to PTF’s website: www.pressthefashionmagazine.com
Follow PTF on twitter: http://twitter.com/PRESSTheFashion
Like PTF on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressthefashion

Photo Credits:

Winter Cover 2013/14 Edition – “Broken”
Photographer:  Frank Begin
Makeup/Hair/Nails:   Melody Iafelice
Creative direction/ Fashion styling: Christopher Massardo
Model: Laura with Next Models Canada

Winter Preview photo by Magdalena M

Spring Cover photo by Colin by Gaudet