Feed The Homeless by U

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Feed the Homeless by U is a student-led not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting acts of kindness by personally delivering meals to Ottawa’s homeless. It was founded on May 11th, 2014 by Vivian Grinfeld.

Feed The Homeless By U operates through the generosity of Carleton Dining Services, who to date have provided more than 1000 warm meals for the homeless. On the designated meal delivery date, university students meet downtown by the Ottawa Mission to help unload and set up the food. In an organized assembly line, volunteers assemble hundreds of warm meal packages. With a warm smile and kind words, volunteers can positively affect change in the National Capital Region.

If you are interested in joining us, you can check out our Facebook page to see where we’ll be next. You can even show up at the next event to volunteer! 

Next Event: Today (Thursday, September 24th) at 5:30pm for the first meal delivery of the semester!

Zoe Crego

U Ottawa '17

Zoë held the position of President of Her Campus at uOttawa from 2015-2017 and was a Senior Chapter Advisor. She graduated from the University of Ottawa in 2017 and has pursued a career in the Canadian federal public service. She is very grateful to Her Campus for providing a creative outlet while studying and believes her experience with Her Campus helped her grow professionally and personally.