Fashion and Food for a Cause: Thanks to Ever Afters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

Her Campus U Ottawa’s Fashion Show “Strut Away Lupus” raised over $1500 for the Lupus Foundation, and those at the event indulged in a night of fashion and food for a great cause.  Guests in attendance were treated to a fabulous spread from Ever Afters, which had everyone raving about the spread from the canapés, wraps and spring rolls, to the ever-satisfying desserts. 

Founded a year and a half ago, restaurant Ever Afters serves up delicious Asian fusion in a café-resto vibe that caters to U Ottawa students. Founder Shawn is an alumnae from the University of Ottawa who found his niche in the entertainment industry.

The idea for Ever Afters came from the English (read: UK) custom of referring to dessert as “afters”. Tossing a few ideas around, the words “ever” and “afters” sounded good together, and a new restaurant was born. Fast forward to the present, and Ever Afters provides students and café-goers alike a relaxed atmosphere to study, take a break, and enjoy a varied menu of food-stuffs, and specializes in desert and even bubble tea.

Ever Afters is set in a laid back, “chill” theme, and has an affordable menu.  The restaurant also pays attention the little details, and the food is presented in a beautiful way, adding a flair of class to your visit. Highly recommended? The spring rolls. Her Campus U Ottawa has taste-tested and approved. Ever Afters is sure to keep your taste buds happy for some time after.

Be sure to visit Ever Afters at 319 Rideau St, and check out their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/everaftersottawa for more info. Bonus: with a valid student ID, students get 15% off on Tuesdays.

Picture Credits

www.everaftersottawa.tumblr.com