burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Defining Your Style: Winter Boots Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Follow through this questionnaire to find your perfect boot style!

1. On a daily basis how much to you walk?

a. To and from school/work

b. Depends on the mood you’re in

c. You walk everywhere

d. Just to the mall

2. On an average day, what would you be caught wearing?

a.  Sweatpants and a hoodie

b. Leggings and a nice top

c. Jeans and a t-shirt

d. Dressed up because you never know who you will cross paths with

3. Your day of relaxing consists of: 

a. A cozy day at home with a cup of tea and some books or magazines.

b. Cleaning the house

c. Enjoying nature

d. Going to the spa

4. When you have a long day, what kind of bag do you opt to carry?

a. A cross-body bag that’s big enough to fit some notebooks

b. Multiple bags – one for personal items, one for lunch, etc…

c. A comfortable backpack

d. A trendy tote that fits a lot of essentials 

5. Travelling to you means: 

a. A beach vacation

b. A guided tour with optional excursions

c. Backpacking across a country

d. A 5-star resort

6. Your go-to clothing colour scheme for winter is:

a. Shades of grey mixed with whatever is clean at home

b. Neutrals, muted orange, burgandy, etc…

c. Mixed prints and vibrant colours 

d. All black because black is the new black.

Tally up your letters and see which one you got the most of:

Mostly A’s – You are a very laid back individual that just wants to live and breathe comfortable vibes. You know that there are more important aspects of life than dressing well on a daily basis, yet when you need to dress up, you clean up pretty well. The perfect boot style for you is: COZY BOOTS! So when you go out to buy boots, you will be more inclined to look for comfort. Moccasins and slip on boots are the perfect choice for you.

The Minnetonka ankle boot, easy to slip on and off while still looking put together and comfortable!

House of Harlow suede ankle boot, easy to slip on and off as well!

Mostly B’s – You are rather eclectic, spontaneous and decide what to do on the go! You can sport any boot as long as it suits the activity that you choose, on the whim! Stick to durable and/or waterproof boots!

A classic heeled boot with a twist from Dr. Martens, that is sleek and completely durable.

Mostly C’s – You are the total utilitarian, a lover of exploring and wearing fun prints! Options for boots are a large range for you, depends on which shoe fits! You look for shoes with a good sole, durability and comfort. Sometimes, you venture to the eclectic prints on boots but that’s all part of your style!

The Steve Madden Troopa boot, a combat styled boot for your utilitarian needs.

You could pull of this leather ankle boot with fun printed accents.

Mostly D’s – You my friend, are one fashionable individual who can pull off all things classy. You opt for the “beauty is pain” motto and swear by it because if it’s not hurting it isn’t helping? Right?

You might as well enjoy the knee high boots that make any outfit instantly classier. Seen: JustFab’s Berria

We can’t forget the oxford look, even in boot wear. Marc Jacobs curates this modern model of the oxford with a stunning heel and sole. 

For more fun boot options check out www.solestruck.com and for more affordable boots try www.justfab.com or your local shoe store!

Go wild, starting with your boots and have fun!

Credits: 1

An environmental enthusiast with a passion for travel, organics and individual style! Blog - inspiringolivia.wordpress.com Instagram @inspiringolivia Twitter - inspiringolivia