This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

February is the month of love when florists sell a ton of flowers, the chocolate sales go up, and romantic movies are watched again and again on Netflix. One of my favourite things about February is Valentine’s Day and the fact that couples across all careers, and all countries show their undying love for their partners. Some of my favourite couples fall into this category of showing the rest of the world that they are doing love right.

Chrissy Teigen & John Legend

The cutest couple on social media and real life. Falling in love with each other over the phone. He fell in love with her wittiness and humour, and she fell in love with the fact he was himself with her. The pair are utterly and intoxicatingly cute when they’re together. Both post sweet tweets about each other and always display their love with funny and adorable photos on Instagram.

Tim McGraw & Faith Hill

Country’s Beyoncé and Jay-Z? This country couple met in the 90s at an annual Country Radio Seminar. After realizing the two had chemistry in 1996, they began seeing each other and in June of the same year, became engaged. The pair has released songs together and gone on tours together since 1996. This country duo has captured the hearts of country fans all over the world.

Ryan Reynolds & Blake Lively

The couple that everyone wants to be. Ryan and Blake are funny, adorable and sexy all in one whenever they’re together. Everyone loves their little banters on social media and the jokes they make about each other in interviews. This couple can joke around with each other and still show that they absolutely love each other. What’s a better way to show your love for someone than by teasing each other over social media where the whole world can see?

Danneel Ackles & Jensen Ackles

The couple that are smoking hot in every picture they take together. The pair met in the early 2000s and worked on the movie Ten Inch Hero together, before falling in love. Just a year ago, the pair opened a beer brewery in Texas, and run it together along with other family members. This power couple run a business together, have a family together and work in two different countries for many months during the year proving that distance doesn’t stop true love.  If that doesn’t convince you, everyone wants someone to look at them the way Jensen and Danneel look at each other. Now that’s true love.

Jared Padalecki & Genevieve Padalacki

The couple that makes you smile. The pair met while filming on the show Supernatural, falling almost instantly in love. They’ve been together ever since and now they’ve started different campaigns to raise money and awareness for foundations and organizations related to things like mental health, and organizations that support young girls in unfortunate economic circumstances. Who doesn’t fall in love with the couple that runs marathons together to bring awareness to such great causes?

Barack Obama & Michelle Obama

The former President of the United States and his wife have been together for 26 years. No one can deny that they’re perfect for each other. The two lawyers know how to make the world laugh, smile and cry. Both have said, many times how happy the other makes them. If this isn’t couple goals, I don’t know what is!

Thomas Rhett & Lauren Akins

The pair have been friends since first grade, becoming best friends almost immediately. They dated briefly at the age of 15, and though it didn’t work out, they remained the best of friends. However, at the age of 22, the pair came back together and got married shortly after. Rhett has written songs about both his wife and his children, stating how much he loves them. And who can disagree? Fairytale dreams definitely come true!

Ellen DeGeneres & Portia de Rossi

One of America’s funniest women along with her philanthropist wife have been talked about for as long as most of us remember. The pair are funny, adorable, sweet and cute. Posting sweet photos of each other on social media, the pair are fun-lovers, who have recently started the Ellen DeGeneres Wildlife Fund together for Ellen’s 60th birthday. No one can deny how great the pair are!

Beyonce & Jay-Z

Pop’s king and queen, the pair have always done things to prove that true love exists. They’ve written songs together over many years, hung out and went arm in arm to many awards ceremonies. Even after all that the pair has been through, they continue to sing together and show the world all their adorable photos. Nothing proves true love more than the way the pair looks at each other.

Neil Patrick Harris & David Burtka

One of my favourite Hollywood couples, this pair makes everyone smile. They’re cute and sweet around each other. The fathers always look beyond happy with their adorable twins and no one can deny how adorable their family photos are.  The smiles and the laughs they share make everyone believe that fairytales do exist.

Misha Collins & Victoria Vantoch

The Supernatural actor has been married to his wife since 2001, but in his words has told many media outlets that he’s been in love with her since they met at 16. His only regret, was not marrying his wife sooner *swoon*. If that doesn’t make your heart swell, maybe knowing they share the same humour when it comes to their vow renewals might. 

Honourable Mentions:

Will Smith & Jada Pinkett Smith

Carrie Underwood & Mike Fischer

Brian Kelley & Katherine Kelley

Ashton Kutcher & Mila Kunis

Dax Sheppard & Kristen Bell

Tyler Hubbard & Hayley Stommel

Gabriel Macht & Jacinda Barret

Mariska Hargitay & Peter Hermann

Emily Blunt & Jon Krasinski

Meryl Streep & Don Gummer

Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello

My Personal Favourite:

My Mom & My Dad

The OG couple goals. The original love story that made me believe in true love at first sight. My parents have been one of the couples I look up to when I think about love and true friendship. Like the best love stories, they met and from what people tell me, sparks flew, everyone knew they were meant to be. My parents are the best team around, they make fun of each other, they laugh and they’ve shown my sisters and I that in the crazy world we live in, true love is definitely real. #COUPLEGOALS

Just your average criminology major, who enjoys watching Supernatural, The Boys and occasionally catching a hockey game. Probably off somewhere writing a novel!
Fourth year Criminology student at the University of Ottawa, Leafs fan, makeup lover and Harry Potter enthusiast.