A Cosier Lifestyle: Casually Athletic!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Sometimes you get up and feel like it’s too much work to put together an outfit. What do you do? OBVIOUSLY you throw on a pair of leggings and a cozy sweater. Well, it’s time for a not-so-drastic change! You might see girls and guys rocking the athletic look all around town wearing some workout gear and sweet kicks. But, you can do it too!

Most of the time people work out in leggings but you can amp up your legging game with a pair of fun, printed or intricately designed leggings. Pop on a fun sports bra with cool back detailing and an open back lounge tee. Pick up a pair of old sneakers, converse or new runners to pair with your athletic casual outfit and you will see it all come together.

I like to call this look “Adidas casual”-grab a pair of these printed leggings, pop on a grey t-shirt and some fresh white sneakers and you have the look!

The actual gym outfit means that this outfit is actually appropriate for the gym because you can run, lift and sweat in this one. This babe is clad in zella workout gear that is now available at Nordstrom Ottawa and some Nike runners.

“Ultra Yogi”: For the girl who likes to show off her back while dressing in complete yoga gear. A sports bra with cool back detail and an open back top paired with leggings complements the outfit. 

The “Sunday Stroll”: This look is uber casual but still put together. The ensemble consists of textured leggings, a patterned vest and a beanie to create a laid back vibe. The perfect combination of colours keeps the look crisp and the sneakers are sublime and perfectly paired.

This last look takes business casual to a whole new level! You can definitely walk to work with these shoes on and switch them out for heels upon arrival. The juxtaposition of the work attire and sneakers is the perfect pairing for this look. Aiming for “Shades of Grey”? Yeah, you have pulled it off!

Dress casual, dress athletic. My new motto.

xoxo,  Olivia

Credits: 1 2 3 4 5 6

An environmental enthusiast with a passion for travel, organics and individual style! Blog - inspiringolivia.wordpress.com Instagram @inspiringolivia Twitter - inspiringolivia