Capital Catwalk Campus Celebrity: Kristie Lance

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Name of Brand:  Kristie Lance Designs
Designer:  Kristie Lance
City of Operation:  Ottawa

Her Campus: Can you give us a brief description of your brand?
Kristie Lance: We design clothing for confident women. Simple lines and silhouettes with added details are our signature. We design for sizes 0 – 22. We specialize in work wear and dresses. Vagary is the name of our new collection SS16. The clothing is very playful with a lot of lace and sparkles. We are inspired by nature. 

HC: What do you believe is the biggest trend in fashion at the moment?
KL: We love crop tops. This trend has been around for a couple of seasons now but is still going strong. Crop tops are very versatile. They pair well with skirts in the summer and for winter we will see a lot of knit crop tops over long blouses and leggings. In our new spring collection you will definitely see crop tops featured.

HC: Why did you to decide to become involved with Capital Catwalk? 
KL: We have heard a lot of amazing things about Capital Catwalk. This show is a must to attend for the community in Ottawa. This show showcases top fashion designs in Ottawa and raises funds for charity. The show is for a great cause. We had to participate.

HC: What’s one item any budding fashionista should have in their closet?
KL: Every fashionista needs a simple and elegant dress. With a simple classic dress you can add any necklace, shoe or jacket and create different looks for every event. A different accessory can change an outfit, without having to buy a new dress every event you attend. This dress doesn’t have to be black. Shop local and you can find some beautifully unique, one of a kind dresses.

HC: What is one fashion trend you wish you could erase from fashion history? 
KL: We hated the Shell Exercise suits. Remember the shiny sportswear that Mel C from the spice girls used to wear? We all had one, and we all regret it now. 

HC: How can interested buyers find you?
KL: All our clothing including our new collection showcased at Capital Catwalk is available online at www.kristielance.com. You can also follow and like us on Facebook and Instagram. We also create custom orders. We are currently working on our biggest collection yet for the fall. Stay tuned for more to come.

Interested on attending the show? RSVP to our Facebook event here!

Source for all photos: Photographer: Chris Power from Powerful Imagery; MUA AND HAIR : Sonya Horner; Model: Kaitlin Longpre ; Clothes: Kristie lance Designs