Campus Cuties: Josh Wechsler and Caitlin Obrigewitsch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Name: Josh Wechsler and Caitlin Obrigewitsch

Programs: He is fourth year marketing and she is third year English with a math minor

Relationship Status: We have been dating for two and a half years

How did you guys meet: We met at a party early in the school year in first year

What drew you two together:

Him: My friend told me that she was a Leafs fan, so I decided to turn on the cool and go flirt, and we immediately hit it off.

Her: although he didn’t end the night with a kiss when he took me home, he kinda screwed that one up

Describe your relationship in three words:

Intimate, friendship, easy-going

Describe each other in three words:

She is Geeky, carefree, and a natural-cook.

He is athletic, caring and patient

After 2 ½ years how do you keep the spark going:

His answer: Honestly, I still feel the same spark that I felt day one, so I don’t have to force anything.

Her answer: We try not to sweat the small stuff, when we fight we take a minute alone and collect ourselves.

What is the best date you have been on:

His: Our first date, we stayed in and watched a football game (Saskatchewan, because she is a Riders fan), ordered pizza, watched a hockey game (Leafs, of course), and drank some beers.

Her: For me it was our first Valentine’s Day, we were both so busy with midterms we actually had to postpone it a few weeks. He still took the time to make me feel special. We went to The Grand and when all the waitresses heard it was our “delayed Valentine’s” they all awed and found it super cute

What is the worst date you have been on:

His: During high school I went on this one date with a girl I really liked, so we decided to go to a movie and pick the movie when we got there. We ended up picking Bruno, so needless to say it was an awkward ride home.

Her: I was dating this guy in high school for a year and it was our one year. The date had this air about it, we had been having difficulty for a while but I was still trying to make it work. Basically he ignored me and it was the final nail in the coffin of that relationship

What are your guy’s V-Day plans:

His: We are going to try out a restaurant for the first time, then check out Winterlude and get some drinks. There is also a special something that I cannot divulge here just yet!

Her: He is being really secretive about it, it’s killing me

Photo Credits: Personal photos 

It was wonderful to work with Her Campus UOttawa. I am an English student who is interested in politics and economics. I love to travel (I have been to China, Thialand, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland), watch and play sports (Go Leafs Go), play video games (I am currently replaying the Legend of Zelda games for N64), and bake yummy treats (chocolate or lemon flavored). Since leaving HerCampus and UOttawa I have gone on to the University of Saskatchewan and entered into the Collage of Education.