sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Cutie: Sean Hoffman ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Name: Sean Hoffman

Year of Graduation: 2017

Program: Telfer School of Management

Relationship Status: Single

How are you involved on campus?

Well, I think I’m part of the Telfer International Business Club…I paid $5 to join but I haven’t done anything for it yet. I’ll get more involved in the later years, 1st year I’m just focusing on my grades and getting settled in Ottawa.

What would you say has been your best experience so far at university?

My best experience so far would have to be when my friends from back home came to visit for a weekend. It was awesome, one of my favourite weekends by far.

What are some things you look for in a girl?

I’m not picky but it helps if a girl thinks I’m funny. I think I’m hilarious but most people seem to think otherwise for some reason. She has to have a good taste in music as well. I look for someone who’s intelligent, funny, and spontaneous. So I might be a little picky.

Any turn-offs?

Not caring about your health I guess is a turn-off for me.

How would you describe yourself using just three words?

Easygoing, positive, and fun.

What’s the worst date you’ve ever been on?

I went on a date with this girl and I took her out for dinner. First, my card was declined so she ended up having to pay. Then, when we were walking back to the car I realized I had left the headlights on the whole time so my battery had died. We had to call CAA and ended up waiting for about an hour. It was in the middle of winter too, so it was freezing.

What are your hobbies?

I like to workout, be active outdoors, travel, cook, and I’m big into music even though I have no musical talent whatsoever.

Celebrity Crush?

Definitely Natalie Portman, I’ve had a crush on her since I was like 10. She’s gorgeous and I don’t mind her obnoxious laugh.

Describe your dream date

My dream date would be between either going to a concert or doing something spontaneous. I like to see the fun side of the girl so anything that would bring that side out. 

Do you have a dream job in mind?

A dream job for me would be one where you don’t have to sit in an office or do traditional work. I think being a professional athlete would be cool. It doesn’t have to be in a mainstream sport. Something like surfing, those guys live the dream. Maybe even a personal trainer.

Which countries are you interested in visiting?

I’d like to visit Australia and hopefully will in 3rd year if I end up going abroad. I have a lot of family there so it would be convenient plus it doesn’t hurt that the weather there is amazing.

Who is your role model?

My step-dad is my role model. He came into my life at a young age and since then has been the best father I could ask for. He knows exactly what he’s doing and has helped give me a great life.

Any after graduation plans?

After I graduate the plan is to go into law school for corporate law. I’ve always wanted to be a lawyer but that’s not written in stone yet. If that doesn’t happen then possibly owning my own company. I have a few “revolutionary” entrepreneurial ideas that might be ready for by then.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

In 10 years I honestly can’t say where I see myself. Maybe in a steady job where I can travel or drowning in a mortgage. I don’t know yet, we’ll see.

Where can we find you on a Friday night?

On friday night I’ll either be partying or camped in my room studying for midterms if I have them…but actually just watching a movie.

What’s your go-to funny story?

It’s not a story but I’ll try to convince as many people as I can that I’m from Wales. I’d say I have a pretty sellable accent, it’s fun to mess around with people like that.

Studying Political Science and Environmental Studies at the University of Ottawa. I am passionate about many things, particularly cats and the great outdoors.