This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Name : Naomi Miller
Age: 19
Program: Criminology
Year: Second Year
Favourite Colour: Purple
Favourite Hot Beverage:  Hot chocolate and green tea
Hometown: It could be one of three places: Birmingham, England (I was born there), Waterloo, Ontario (where I finished high school), or Sunnyvale, California (where my ‘home’ and family is).                                                                                                                    

Her Campus: What are your hobbies?
Naomi Miller: I’m kind of obsessed with the Internet and social media, so anything from YouTube to Netflix to Instagram… it’s an unhealthy obsession. I’m also getting into loving photography and film making (but I am nowhere near an expert level yet). But above all, music is my favourite hobby. I don’t know if it counts as one, but listening to it, playing it, or singing; I just love music.

HC: What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
NM: Press my snooze button! Then, I struggle to get out of bed and do a daily devotional to help motivate me for the day that is ahead.

HC: What is your favourite place in Ottawa?
NM: Ahora Mexican restaurant and my apartment.

HC: What are your best memories from university so far?
NM: Joining my sorority (Xi Delta Theta) and performing at the United Way Benefit Concert in first and second year.

HC: What is your biggest pet peeve?
NM: When people chew loudly. I actually want to throw up.

HC: What can you cook best? 
NM: Anything vegetarian. I’m basically the best chef in the world! (laughs). All jokes aside, even though pasta is a basic dish, I slay at making that dish tasty.

HC: What is one language that you wish you could speak fluently?
NM: Spanish! I started learning it, but never followed through with it.

HC: What is your worst study habit?
NM: Thinking I can control how many shows I watch between my studies.

HC: If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would you go?
NM: Australia or Hawaii. It’s actually my mission to learn how to surf, or go surfing on the coast of one of those paces.

Lightning Round

Motto: Be happy! There’s nothing better than happiness.

Celebrity crush: Obviously Justin Bieber, but Tori Kelly is right up there.

Guilty pleasure song: Aaron’s Party (Come Get It) by Aaron Carter.

Obsession: YouTube and Netflix… and food in general.

You can follow Naomi’s adventures on Instagram here

Picture credits:

The pictures were given by the Campus Cutie. 

Gloria Charles-Pierre is Her Campus uOttawa Alumni. She was one of our writers for four years and the French editor for two years. Gloria graduated from the University of Ottawa with a degree in Arts specialized in French Lierature and two certificates in LSQ (Langue des Signes Québécoise). Now, she is in Teachers College and loving it. Gloria spends her time doing kick-boxing and working on her personnal writing project while growing in her faith. She hopes to travel more, and to continue her studies with a Masters in Education and also continue working in editing.