Campus Cutie: André Grundy ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Name: André Grundy

Class year: 2017

Program: Honours Bachelor of Science with a Specialization in Chemistry (Ecochemistry Option) – Co-op

Relationship Status: Happily Taken

HC: How are you involved on campus?

AG: I tutor chemistry from time to time! It’s really engaging to work in a subject I love, and I really love to help other students – not to mention I get paid good money!

HC: How would you describe yourself in three words?

AG: Knight. Shining. Armour.

HC: What is your biggest pet peeve?

AG: People chewing with their mouths open – especially in class!

HC: What is your favourite class this year?

AG: Advanced organic chemistry – there’s a long story behind it, but basically I learn to create anything I want from their elements.

HC: What do you look for in your significant other?

AG: I look for somebody that I can rely on in good and bad times, who has a sense of humour, and has a passion for something in life!

HC: What would your dream date be like?

AG: Sitting in the mountains after a hike, eating dinner, watching the sunset, and just talking about life and science. Once the sun goes down, we’ll do some stargazing!

HC: Describe your fashion sense in two words.

AG: Professionally utilitarian.

HC: What is your favourite item of clothing in your closet?

AG: My light red J Crew button down shirt.

HC: What is the worst fashion trend you’ve seen on campus so far this year?

AG: People STILL lowriding – was that ever good fashion?

HC: What is your dream job?

AG: Synthetic organic chemist!

HC: What country would you most like to visit?

AG: I don’t have a burning desire to visit any country in particular, but I would like to travel the world someday.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

AG: Married to the love of my life, finished my PhD in Chemistry, have my dream job as a synthetic chemist, and have my investments turning profits so that I can free up time for my family! What can I say – I am a practical guy.

HC: Who inspires you most?

AG: Well, I’ve never been one to follow celebrities, so the person I would say inspires me to be the best I can would be my partner.

Pictures provided by the author. 

Mercedes Cant is a Communication graduate student at the University of Ottawa.