This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Nancy Jiang is a woman of many talents. From student, to blogger, to writer, to graduate, and finally to #CampusCelebrity!

Here are a few quick facts about our girl, Nancy:

Name: Nancy Jiang
Hometown: Burnaby, BC
Program: Honours Bachelor of Arts in Communications (CO-OP)
Year of graduation: 2016
Relationship status: In a committed relationship with food

Her Campus: Tell me a little bit about yourself; how old are you and what are you graduating in?
Nancy Jiang: I’m one-half the blogging duo behind whimsicalsoles.com, a fashion and lifestyle blog. Anyone who’s spent more than an hour with me knows that I have an incurable obsession with food and fashion. It hit me two months ago that I’m turning 23 in January (somehow I had it in my head that I was turning 22). It’s pretty weird because now that I’m graduating with a Communications degree and am that much closer to my mid-twenties, I feel like I should act more like an adult and do… adult stuff. But all I really want to do is eat good food, dress cute, travel the world, and blog about it.

HC: I know you and your fellow roommate are bloggers, what is your favourite thing about blogging and why?
NJ: My favourite part of blogging has to be the photography. Fashion and lifestyle blogging allows a lot of room to be creative with photography. I love scoping for shooting locations, editing, and the works.

HC: What advice would you give someone who wanted to start a blog?
NJ: Just do it! Pick something you love and start writing. If you have no idea what you want to blog about, blog about anything you want. After a while, you’ll start to notice a trend in the topics that you choose to write about, and that could be your niche.

HC: I know this is a pretty cliché question, but where do you see yourself in ten years?
NJ: Aside from fabulously-dressed and well-travelled, I would ideally be working as a communications consultant and working on my MBA part-time. I’ll be 33 by then, so I would like to be in a place where I’m contemplating starting a family. My answer would be so much cooler if you asked me this 10 years ago (does that mean I’m finally old?).

HC: What would you say are your biggest pet peeves?
NJ: I detest it when people are late. Up to 20 minutes is fine, and up to an hour is okay if you have a really good reason, but I’ve had one situation where a person was late for THREE hours, and instead of being straight up about it, chose to tell me multiple times that they’ll be there soon. That really ticked me off.

HC: If you were given one day to live, and you could do anything in the world, what would you do?
NJ: I would probably spend it with my family, chilling on the beach in Hawaii.

HC: What is your absolute favourite thing in the world? It can be food, places, etc,?
NJ: As a fashion blogger, I should probably say clothing… but the real answer is and will always be food. I’ve tried a lot of different cuisines, but my ultimate favourite dish is Peking duck.

HC: Any big plans after you graduate? Moving? Grad school? Travel?
NJ: I’m actually staying in Ottawa! I got lucky and was offered a job with my current workplace. After the holidays, I’m looking forward to learning about my new job and guiltless Netflixing. I’m also hoping to get some traveling done sometime next Spring, maybe Costa Rica or Spain.

HC: So, you’ve been a writer with Her Campus uOttawa for a quite a bit now; what would you say is your most memorable time with the team?
NJ: Honestly, it would be the HC staff meetings. Obviously, it’s a ton of fun hanging out with our own teams, but there’s something to be said about bonding with my fellow HC collegiettes. Also, it was fun confusing people last year as to what team I actually write for. ;)

HC: Seeing as how you’re all about the fashion and beauty, if you could travel anywhere in the world for a major shopping spree, and money wasn’t a factor, where would you go and what would you get?
NJ: Hands down Paris. I vacationed in Paris this past summer and wow, I just wanted to take home everything. As beautiful as Galeries Lafayette is, I adore vintage stores. I’d love to score a classic Chanel flap bag in quilted black leather, a large Hermès silk scarf, some cute heels, and a bombastic evening dress.

HC: What would you say is your most valued beauty product that you’ve always turned to throughout your entire undergrad?
NJ: Moisturizer! Between windchill and freezing temperatures, Ottawa has very dry winters. Winters take a serious toll on my dry skin; my eczema has never flared up as weirdly as it did in Ottawa. I’ve learned to keep a bottle of hand moisturizer with me at all times.

Check out Nancy and Bolu’s blog here!

Sources: Pictures taken from Nancy Jiang

Hey my name is Madison, and I'm a fourth year English & Communications major at the University of Ottawa. I love fashion, beauty, and anything health related! I'm a frequent blogger (yay for tumblr), painter, writer, vinyl collector, traveler, shopaholic, and a hopeless romantic.