Brilliant Pumpkin Carvings Inspired by Your Favourite TV Shows & Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

In my mind, Halloween is the best time of the year! It’s the best time to curl up and watch scary movies with a big bowl of your favourite mini-sized candies or chocolates. Although this time of year often includes midterm season, don’t let the studying blues keep you away from the best fall activity: pumpkin carving. Not only is pumpkin carving fun, it’s also a low-cost activity that all students can enjoy. Grab your best pals or your significant other, head over to your local pumpkin patch and get to it. Check out the awesome pumpkin carvings below inspired by everyone’s favourite television shows and movies for some inspiration.

Walter White from Breaking Bad

It’s about time we recognize how bad-ass Walter White truly is!

Star Wars

You might have guessed by now that I’m a big fan of Star Wars… but seriously, how awesome are these Star Wars inspired carvings?!

Lord of the Rings

Harry Potter

Our favourite wizard makes his comeback through this awesome pumpkin carving.

Game of Thrones

The Hunger Games

Monsters, Inc.

I’m having major flashbacks to my childhood with this one!

Spider-Man

If you have some youngsters in the house, you might be inspired to try this one out.

The Vampire Diaries

This one might just be my favourite… yes, I’m talking about you Damon Salvatore.

Now, all you have to do is grab your buddies and laugh it up as you deal with messy pumpkin guts and carving your best take on your favourite television show or movies!

Fourth year Criminology student at the University of Ottawa, Leafs fan, makeup lover and Harry Potter enthusiast.