This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Bluesfest and Osheaga Lineups are Announced and Better Than Ever!

The Ottawa Bluefest and Osheaga lineups have been announced and some of the biggest artists out right now are coming to both. I’m honestly way too excited to be spend my summer listening to all of my favourite music live. It’s so #rare that artists like Kanye West and Florence and the Machine come to this neck of the woods. Let me be the first to say that this summer’s collection of performers on this side of Canada is probably the best in years. Here’s a cumulative playlist of some of the most fire and some of the most chill songs by the must-sees of the 2015 summer festival block:

1.    Kanye West – Touch the Sky

2.    Skylar Spence – Better

3.    Alvvays – Red Planet

4.    Yung Lean – Yoshi City

5.    Future Islands – Balance

6.    Diplo – Express Yourself

7.    Florence and the Machine – Leave My Body

8.    Toro Y Moi – Still Sound

9.    De La Soul – Eye Know

10.  Kendrick Lamar – Alright

11.  Patrick Watson – The Great Escape

12.  A$AP Ferg – Shabba

13.  FKA Twigs – Water Me

14.  Anamanaguchi – Rainbow in the Dark (Das Racist Remix)

15.  The Kills – Satellite

Headliners

From the controversial Iggy Azalea to the peculiar yet entertaining Weird Al Yankovic, you can expect Bluesfest to be an interesting spectacle of rowdy crowds and even wilder music. The likes of music legends such as Nas and Keith Urban are sure to bring people in from even outside the city to view such great artists perform in person. Even the Full Flex Tour featuring Skrillex, A$AP Ferg, Diplo, and many more are bringing in tons of fans to go hard under some strobe lights. Throw some newcomers into the mix, like Chvrches and Hoodie Allen, and Bluesfest is starting to evolve into the rad music festival it has always been destined to be.

As for Osheaga, an incredible few eccentric artists will be gracing Montreal like FKA Twigs, St. Vincent, and Marina and the Diamonds. On top of that, we have an exceptional collective of rappers hitting the stages Tyler, the Creator, Kendrick Lamar, and Schoolboy Q. A few honourable mentions include Alt-J, The Black Keys, Weezer, and a decent bunch more.

Small Print Bands

Bluesfest’s got a wide variety of artists and bands from near and far performing this year. From the local talents of Grime Kings to bands K.I.D. and Purity Ring, we can definitely expect some amazing beats and strums from this year’s indie bands. I can feel the good vibes already!

While not as famous, their talent still shines through especially with music that has been turned to cult-classics and indie favourites all over the world. SZA and Alvvays have a hand at distributing chill tunes to all their fans reaching out to listen. You can expect tons of beach-y, lofi music and some heavy, well-produced bangers as well.

Credits 1

Tamia Thompson

U Ottawa '16

I shoot film photos, I travel a bit, and I collect records; but nothing comes close to my profound love for fashion. You can catch me shamelessly justifying putting portions of my tuition into upscale raincoats and designer shoes.