jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Blake DesRochers ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Name: Blake DesRochers

Program: Conflict Studies and Human Rights

Year of Graduation: 2017

Celebrity Crush: Hillary Clinton, if that counts.

Relationship Status: Complicated

How would you say you’re involved on campus?

B: I’m involved in Free the Children, English Debate Society, Young Liberals, Model Parliament, Pre law society, did I already say that? Free the children, I think I said that. Okay I don’t know what else I’m in.

That’s a lot, what has been your best experience at university so far?

B: I just participated in Model Parliament over the weekend and it was a lot of fun, I met a lot of good people. My party ended up winning.

How would you describe yourself in 3 words?

B: Freckled? (laughs), outgoing and incredibly suave

What do you look for in your significant other?

B: They have to be really smart, preferably not smarter than me, but it doesn’t work out that way usually

What is your biggest turn off?

B: Ignorance, and bad teeth.

Describe the best date you’ve been on.

B: I went to Canada’s Wonderland once in the summer with my girlfriend, wait, or no scratch that. [My girlfriend] and some of my friends surprised me because I didn’t know I was seeing her in the summer and so I guess all my friends were in on it. I came downstairs before we headed off to the cottage and she was standing there and we got to spend time at the cottage together. She drove down two hours to come with us and it was a lot of fun.

Aww, that’s sweet. What are your hobbies?

B: Reading, I really enjoy track and volunteering and getting obnoxiously drunk.

What would your dream date be, if you could craft a date?

B: I’d probably like to go on a road trip to a forest or something adventurous like that. Find a cave, hieroglyphs, something like that. Just do something adventurous.

What is the worst date you’ve ever been on?

B: I don’t know if I have ever have a really bad date, but one time this girl bought like candy spray and sprayed me in the eye with it, that wasn’t very fun.

What can we find you doing on a Friday night?

B: Sacrificing virgins or getting drunk. It depends.

What is your dream job?

B: I want to be an ambassador for the United Nations or grand dictator, whatever comes first.

Ambitious! Is there country you would like to visit right now?

B: Right now I really, really want to go to Hong Kong, which is in China.

What do you plan to do after you graduate?

B: I plan to go to Law school but I might want to take a year off and do humanitarian work in sub Saharan Africa.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

B: I want to be working in a city like Geneva or Hague or New York.

Studying Political Science and Environmental Studies at the University of Ottawa. I am passionate about many things, particularly cats and the great outdoors.