The beloved Archie and the gang are making-up the town!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

MAC, one of the most influential and lucrative makeup companies in the world, has now adopted the iconic redhead and his band of friends in the brand. Their new collection, entitled “Archie’s Girls” includes makeup synonymous with the styles of his two girlfriends.

The company release states “The ravishing rivals for Archie’s affection inspire a colour collection celebrating their iconic personas. Smoulder in deep and seductive tones inspired by spoiled rich girl Veronica Lodge or beam like blonde-next-door Betty in soft and innocent shades for eyes and face”. In my opinion, the collection lives up to its purpose.

Featuring individual products from the diabolical and beautiful Veronica Lodge to sweet and sensitive Betty Cooper, this collection will be sure to strike a chord with the fans. The collection also features combined products from both girls along with very cute and compact packaging. The packaging consists of white casing with the imprinted logo stamped onto the front. The lids are see-through, so customers know exactly what products they are buying and the company keeps this concept consistent with the rest of their line.

MAC stores hosting the release parties open for half-hour intervals to guests who have already reserved their places. With food and cocktails accompanying, guests have the ability to snap pictures with the characters and indulge in everything the new collection has to offer.

For those of us who grew up with the comic books, this collection will stir up all sorts of excitement.  At one point in time, we all dreamed of being one of Archie’s girls, I’m sure. The two girls in his life represent the personalities of many girls. While we all have our sweet and adorable side, the sassy and sexy one emerges as well in order to capture the men of our dreams.

The collection itself features a range of lip products, blush, beauty powder, eyeliners and eyeshadows. The various blush pigmentations are fantastic and feature a bold magenta (from the Veronica Lodge line) and a neutral peach colour (from the Betty Cooper line).

With the launch of another successful campaign, it is very clear that the consistent attention and care that MAC pays to the quality of their products is paying off. The genius behind this scheme is also the way the collections are released. From utterly chic to bold and daring, there isn’t a collection the company hasn’t come up with that hasn’t made beauty lovers gasp or lose their breath at the sheer intensity mixed in with a love for the product.

The collection has not yet been raved about beauty gurus as it is fairly new, but if you have the chance, I would definitely recommend you stop by and check it out as it is a limited edition.

So, ladies, go out and see what this line has to offer, as there may be something in it for you. But, do remember to keep your attitude in check so Mr. Weatherby doesn’t suspend you. And remember, be bold and be beautiful!

comicbookresources.com

http://www.allurabeauty.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/MAC-Archies-Girls-Allura-Sneak-Peek.jpg