This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

With winter in full swing, I feel like my skin is in need of some serious hydration. This week, I’ll be giving you a three step process to beat dry skin! I personally do this routine once in the morning and once at night. I also change up the serum and moisturizer depending on the time of day. Normally, you want something a little lighter during the day and something a little denser for overnight.  With that being said, let’s get into it!

Step 1: Choose a non-foaming cleanser

• Foaming cleansers do one thing: dry your skin out. Swap that foaming cleanser for something gentler like the It Cosmetics Confidence in a Cleanser for $28 at Sephora or the Philosophy Miracle Worker. These cleansers still clean your skin, but don’t leave your face feeling dull.

Step 2: Serum

• This is the most important step in beating dry skin. Choose a serum that is a little heavier and apply it at night before you go to bed after you’ve cleansed. My suggestion is the Ole Henrikson Invigorating Night Serum. Although it’s a little pricy, this serum will leave your skin feeling super smooth and rejuvenated.

Step 3: Moisturizer

• Last but not least, apply a mask or moisturizer on top of your serum. My current favourite is the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask for $33 at Sephora. It is super lightweight, yet extremely hydrating. The combo of serum and moisturizer will lock in that moisture all night long to leave your skin feeling supple and smooth in the AM. For lip moisture, opt for the Laneige lip sleeping mask. Not only does it smell delicious, it is the ultimate lip product for dry lips.

Keep in mind your skin won’t change overnight and everyone’s skin is different. Depending on your skin type, switch up your products to target specific concerns. For someone like me with dry/combo skin, these three steps keep my skin super hydrated through these cold months.

Well lovelies, that’s it for me this week. I wish you all beautiful and clear skin and a great start to your semester.

Xoxo, Maggie

Simply put I'm a brainy blonde. My friends say I am twins with Elle Woods, and you'll probably find a lot of my inspo comes from her girl-boss attitude. Hope you enjoy my posts as much as I enjoy coming up with content; happy reading babes :)
Fourth year Criminology student at the University of Ottawa, Leafs fan, makeup lover and Harry Potter enthusiast.