Feature Hero Zodiac Spending Hero
Feature Hero Zodiac Spending Hero
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media

Astrology – What is it?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Nowadays, astrology is frequently discussed among individuals all over the world. It is defined as the analysis of how the motions of the planets and stars are considered to influence human lives.

Astrology can be divided into three categories: 1) The Hindu astrological system is referred to as Indian astrology or Vedic astrology. Hindu astrology has the potential to disclose our true nature, lead us through our lives, and suggest which signs are most suited to our personalities; 2) The Five Phases, Ten Celestial Stems, 12 Earthly Branches, and shichen are all Chinese astrological principles that are closely linked to Chinese philosophy (the theory of three harmonies: heaven, earth, and man); and 3) Western astrology is a type of divination in which a horoscope for a certain time period, for example a person’s birth, is constructed. It’s established on the motions and relative locations of celestial bodies like the Sun, Moon, and planets, as seen through the zodiac signs.

In various ways, a fascination with astrology may be considered a coping mechanism. According to studies, there is an association between individuals who believe in astrology and those who are encountering major life changes (separation or employment loss). This is owing to the fact that astrology is a swift instrument that may be sought for comfort for certain individuals.

Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces are the 12 zodiac signs.