This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

The annual Women’s March took place about two weeks ago in Ottawa, but it is still making noise. The march was significantly longer than last year’s, marching from Parliament Hill to Lansdowne Pavilion. This march took place across Canada on Saturday, January 19th, with representation from different groups of women.

The march also happened to take place on the coldest day of the winter, but that did not stop thousands of men, women and children from showing their support.

In case you missed it, here are some of the inspiring posters on display at the march.

The Women’s March is an amazing opportunity to show your support for women around the world. There are many other marches and peaceful protests taking place in the upcoming months, in support of women. If you weren’t able to attend this year, make it your goal to attend an upcoming march and next year’s Women’s March!

My name is Inaara and I am a third-year student at UOttawa, studying International Development and minoring in Women's Studies. I love reading and travelling!
Fourth year Criminology student at the University of Ottawa, Leafs fan, makeup lover and Harry Potter enthusiast.