A Few Things to Look Forward to in November

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Happy November! For most, November is a dreadful month, but it doesn’t have to be! While Halloween is now over and you may be experiencing some post-Halloween depression, November is still a month that is jam-packed with fun things to do! Here are a few things to look forward to before Christmas.

Black Friday

A whole day of shopping with friends? Um, yes please! Every year in November, lots of stores offer some amazing budget-friendly deals and it’s the perfect time to snag that sweater you’ve been eyeing. Just be sure to stay safe while shopping as things tend to get hectic. 

warm winter drinks

Psst, did someone say holiday menu? Peppermint, hot cocoa, and chestnut flavours are now in full effect! There’s nothing like a warm drink to get rid of the November chills. Be sure to hit up your favourite coffee shop for these limited-time delights.

hallmark movies

Who doesn’t love a cute, cheesy Christmas love story? Starting November 1st until Christmas, Hallmark has got you covered. Watching one of their movies is the perfect way to get yourself in the holiday spirit—not to mention, it makes for a great girls’ night!

hallmark christmas movies?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
The Hallmark Channel

Christmas markets

Christmas markets are by far the most anticipated event of the holiday season! Typically, these run from the middle of November all the way up until Christmas. They are a fun and budget-friendly way to get into the holiday spirit and will brighten up your November with decorations, festive music, light tunnels, and lots of goodies! They’re also great places for a cute photo opportunity!

Now that you have a few ideas to make your November a little less dreadful, grab some friends and go have fun!

Charlotte Lyons

U Ottawa '23

Charlotte is a fourth-year organizational communication student at the University of Ottawa. She loves everything coffee, TikTok trends, reading and binge-watching Tv shows! Thanks for stopping by!