yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

7 MUST-HAVE Coats for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Sometimes the coat fits and sometimes it doesn’t, but it doesn’t hurt to try them on at the store! Somewhere out there is the perfect coat for you. So here are a few styles and coats to guide ou closer to finding your coat – mate!

The Utility Parka

Definition (n): A coat that you see on the regular as people gravitate towards its easy to style component and abiity to make one  look effortless and casual. Seen: Urban Renewal Field Jacket $69 ; Levi Cotton Parachute Parka $140 Both available at Urban Outfitters

The Bad-Ass Leather Jacket

This style of jacket flaunts a certain sex appeal, bad-ass vibe and an overall classic rocker/biker chick look. It’s easy to pull off and definitely a style worth trying as edginess is always encouraged in fashion. Seen: BB Dakota Tyne Leather Jacket $265

The Wool Coat

Wool? Who wears that? But, to be completely honest, it is the chicest material on the market right now. It gives the wearer an air of sophistication depending on how you style it. The jackets chosen for this category exuberate a lot of class and are sure to make you look put together no matter what. Seen: ZARA zip pocket coat $199

The Fur Coat

Definitely a funky piece when it comes to styling and pairing. Nonetheless, it can be done! Depending on what look you are going for, there is a fur coat out there waiting for you to snuggle in with. Seen: Ladakh X UO Margot Faux Fur Jacket $168 (available at Urban Outfitters)

The Denim Coat

Denim jackets have been a staple piece for Canadians for years. It is such a casual and laid back style that you can wear anytime, day or night. You can dress it up or grunge it down depending on what you choose. So, a denim coat is an essential piece for any fashionista. Seen: Courtshop X UO Destructed jacket $129; UO Native rose denim tattoo jacket $155. Both available at Urban Outfiters

The Athletic Coat

The most versatile style of them all, athletic coats can be used for all sorts of activities while still remaining cute and admirable. Whether you are going for a run or stepping out for the night, this style is right for you! Seen: Addidas by Stella McCartney Starter Windbreaker $250. Available at Addidas stores.

The Bohemian Coat

Bohemian, what is that?!

Definiton (adj.): A fun printed style that encourages a hippie vibe. For fashionistas, it’s a style to explore for those daring enough to put it to the test.

Seen: Pendleton X UO Reversible Blanket Open Poncho $198. Available at Urban Outfitters.

Hopefully, these selected styles and coats give you a perimeter to work around when it comes to choosing fall coats! Be you!

xo, Olivia

*Disclaimer: This article is not sponsered by Urban Outfitters*

Credits: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

An environmental enthusiast with a passion for travel, organics and individual style! Blog - inspiringolivia.wordpress.com Instagram @inspiringolivia Twitter - inspiringolivia