This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Wherever you look, there are people in every corner of the internet telling you what podcasts you should be listening to. Sometimes they’re self-help podcasts, sometimes they’re comedies, sometimes they’re educational; the choice can be very overwhelming for someone just starting. This list has podcasts from different genres and is all about different topics, so don’t fret! Just turn on Spotify, and listen away…

#1 – Anything Goes with Emma Chamberlain

Alright, you knew this one was coming. Emma Chamberlain is an entrepreneur and YouTube creator. She became popular a couple of years ago, and everyone is still obsessed with her—and why wouldn’t they be? For anyone who just wants to unwind and feel like they’re on FaceTime with their friend, this podcast is for you. Emma talks about everything from parties, plastic surgery, and fashion, to the things she currently likes, and anything else you might find interesting. Starting episodes with an update and descriptions of her drink of the day, Emma has created a podcast you’re bound to fall in love with.

#2 – Batman Unburied

This is for the people who love a little edge in their life. Batman is one of the most popular superheroes, and everyone knows at least a little bit of the lore behind the masked vigilante. This podcast is less of a ‘podcast’ and more of an experience, with surround sound recording and no narration. Listening to it feels more like you’re living in Gotham and hearing the story play out. Written by the same writers who wrote the Dark Knight series and produced by Warner Brothers, this show is of amazing quality. You’ll get sucked right into this story and want to listen until the end to solve the mystery.

#3 – Binchtopia

Binchtopia is the perfect podcast for someone interested in learning more about feminism, the patriarchy, capitalism, violence against women, and other various political topics. Pretty heavy with their subject matter, Julia Hava and Eliza McLamb are somehow still able to make this podcast breezy and fun to listen to. They approach each episode in a way that makes it digestible—so even people who have very little knowledge of the topic beforehand can listen and learn. This podcast is sure to become one of your favourites, and you’ll learn something new every episode.

#4 – Violating Community Guidelines with brittany broski and sarah schauer

Do you love talking about various internet topics? Good, because this podcast is for the chronically online. Half educational and half comedy, this show put on by Brittany Broski and Sarah Schauer is one you’ll want to listen to. You’ll be doubled over, laughing at their jokes. Broski and Schauer talk about lots of things from all corners of the internet—think bronies, pick-up artists, clickbait, vine, and so much more. Like Emma Chamberlain, they make you feel as if you’re on FaceTime listening to what they’re saying. This podcast is the best for learning something new about the internet, and every episode leaves you feeling lighter.

#5 – The A24 Podcast

We have A24 to thank for so many great projects like Midsommar, Everything Everywhere All At Once, Moonlight, Ex Machina, Lady Bird, mid90s, Good Time, and so many more movies. If you want to hear from the creative executives behind these amazing projects, then definitely tune into this podcast. The episodes have such an interesting mix of guests like the Daniels (the directors behind Everything Everywhere All At Once) and Daniel Radcliffe together, Jenny Slate, and Nick Kroll, and a personal favourite, Hunter Schafer and Lorde. This podcast is very lowkey; you’re mostly tuning in to listen to creatives talk amongst themselves. It’s enlightening, fun, but still very smart.

#6 – The Bald and the Beautiful with Trixie Mattel and Katya Zamo

This is a purely comedic podcast. Hosted by the famous Trixie Mattel and Katya Zamolodchikova (or Zamo), two drag queens who both appeared on Rupaul’s Drag Race, this show is bound to leave you crying laughing. The Bald and the Beautiful has a multitude of episodes seemingly about both nothing and everything. It’s free space for Trixie and Katya to talk about whatever they please, and for us to just listen and enjoy as their conversations get sidetracked. They poke fun at each other, poke fun at their listeners, and gossip about everything—it’s sure to make you feel as if you’re in on the joke.

Overall, there are a million podcasts out there for people to listen to. This is just a brief dive into some of the popular ones on our radar recently. Whether you need to wind down and listen to something relatable, need your energy up with a laugh, or just want to learn something new, this list gives you all that and more. Happy listening!

Avalyn Kwai Pun

U Ottawa '26

Avalyn is a first year joint honours Political Science and Feminist and Gender Studies student. She's passionate about social change and feminism, and has hopes to become a lawyer in the future. She enjoys reading, spending time with her family, music, and writing!