This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Everyone knows that fall is the season for new shows to air, new seasons of everyone’s fan favourites and endless advertisements at every turn. What do we have to look forward to this year? Will this fall’s new lineup satisfy everyone? Or will we be let down?

These six shows have been advertised all summer, over every social media platform and every commercial break. The question is will they succeed in winning the hearts of fans?

1. American Horror Story (Sept. 12th, FX)

The new season of everyone’s favourite TV horror show is titled Apocalypse and features a story line set in the future, with some fan favourite actors returning as new characters this season. Fans will get to see Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson, Emma Roberts and Kathy Bates once again. Already three episodes in, fans have started to speculate that this might be the crossover season the creators teased for years after one of the earlier season, Coven. Catch the newest episodes on FX!

2. The Good Place (Sept 27th, NBC)

The Good Place managed to capture everyone’s hearts during its first season when the beloved Kristen Bell played Eleanor Shellstrop, a woman who ended up in The Good Place accidentally. Already in its third season, fans are getting ready to see where the writers will take this cleverly written after-life based story. Faces that will re-appear in this new season will include Kristen Bell, Ted Danson, Jameela Jamil, Manny Jacinto, D’Arcy Carden and William Jackson Harper. Catch up on the first two seasons on Netflix before the new season airs!

3. FBI (Sept 25th, CBS)

Everyone remembers Missy Peregrym from the Canadian cop show, Rookie Blue. Now back in action as an FBI agent, Missy’s character Maggie will have to deal with crimes happening in New York City. Alongside actors Jeremy Sisto, Zeeko Zaki and Sela Ward, FBI will focus on the different skills of each FBI agent necessary to solve crimes in their city. Created by Emmy Award winner Dick Wolf, FBI will hopefully be as successful as his last project, Law & Order. The first episode airs September 25th on CBS.

4. Single Parents (Sept 26th, ABC)

This new TV show will focus on the lives of five single parents trying to raise their seven-year-old children. Starring actors and actresses like Leighton Meester, Taran Killam, Brad Garrett, Jake Choi, and Kimrie Lewis Davis, these five single parents will have to learn how to deal with raising children while maintaining their own personal lives. Airing on ABC September 26th, this show comes just in time for back to school season.

5. New Amsterdam (Sept 25th, NBC)

Among the various medical shows premiering this fall, a new show called New Amsterdam takes the top spot as most hyped new hospital drama. The show will focus on the brilliant Dr. Max Goodwin, who takes on the role of bringing life and funding back into the only hospital that is able to treat Ebola patients in the United States. The show has cast Ryan Eggold, Janet Montgomery, Freema Agyeman, and Jocko Sims as the main doctors on the show. While everyone waits for Grey’s to return, it might not hurt to check out this new doctor show on September 25th.

6. Charmed (Oct 14th, The CW)

No one will ever forget the iconic sister trio that saved San Francisco from all types of evil with their spells and powers. Originally airing in 1998, the show ran until 2006 and included eight fun filled seasons. Now, in 2018, Charmed is back with new faces and a sisterhood bond that is stronger than ever. The cast includes Sarah Jeffery, Madeleine Mantock, Melanie Diaz, and Rupert Evans. In the rebooted version, two sisters’ lives are shook when their mother dies and a new sister shows up at their doorstep. Catch the new Charmed on The CW, October 14th. Will the show live up to its previous version?

Fall 2018 will be filled with plenty of old fan favourites as well as fresh new shows. With any luck each show will live up to its hype and provide new sources of Friday night tv binging!

Just your average criminology major, who enjoys watching Supernatural, The Boys and occasionally catching a hockey game. Probably off somewhere writing a novel!
Fourth year Criminology student at the University of Ottawa, Leafs fan, makeup lover and Harry Potter enthusiast.