This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Have you ever been stuck in a rut with your hair? Needed some inspiration for a formal event, party or just a good hair day? Well, here are some do-able and elegant hairstyles for you.

Maybe you are in a rush and didn’t have time to fix up your hair, why not take an extra two minutes and try out this easy three-ponytail-twist combination. It seems as though you stepped up your hair game with this look. Turn a rushed hair day into a good hair day!

Fishtail braids do take a long time, especially if you have long hair. So give this simple faux fishtail braid a try, nobody will be able to tell the difference. No need to pay attention to detail with this one! You can even thread some flowers into this look if you wanted to feel more earthy!

No bowtie clip? No problem, you can make one out of your hair! How cool is that? A half up and half down hairstyle that will render you adorable in a heartbeat! Great for the days you want to exhibit your more femme fatale style.  

Are you a fan of the headband? Day in and day out, you just use it to keep the hair out of your face. However, it is an accessory you cannot live without so use it to your advantage! Try out this tuck and roll trick to instantly make your hairstyle more lavish.

Movie stars rock this chic chignon all the time and so can you! It’s a simple curved fishtail braid across the back of your head, simply rolled into a bun at the end. It’s not as hard as it looks, just give it a try and you will be an aficionado!

Not very food at fishtail braids? Not a problem, yet another chignon for you to try! This one uses simple braids that you just fold and pin together. Add a little glam by wearing some glamorous dangly earrings and you are set!

Best of luck and may your days be more exquisite with these grand hair dos!

Olivia

Credits 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

An environmental enthusiast with a passion for travel, organics and individual style! Blog - inspiringolivia.wordpress.com Instagram @inspiringolivia Twitter - inspiringolivia