5 Podcasts to Listen to When You’re Commuting to School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

1. Serial If you’re a fan of true crime stories like Netflix’s Making A Murderer, Serial is a great podcast to listen to. Hosted by Sarah Koenig, an investigative journalist, she narrates different stories through multiple episodes that will leave you rethinking how crime is analyzed by the police and media. And it will keep you entranced.

2. Stuff Mom Never Told You Stuff Mom Never Told You is a feminist podcast that freely talks about topics that are mostly ignored by society, often at the expense of women. Hosted by Bridget Todd and Anney Reese, they bring up a wide arrange of topics such as cosmetic surgeries and at-home abortions. If you’re a fan of feminist subjects or women’s past and current experiences, you’ll love this podcast!

3. Lore Hosted by Aaron Mahnke, Lore is a podcast about common folktales and their history. Often dark and sometimes macabre. If you love anything spooky you’ll love this horror podcast. Lore has been made into a television series to enhance your experience and it’s definitely worth checking out.

4. 2 Dope Queens 2 Dope Queens is a hilarious podcast that centres around the lives of our hosts Jessica Williams and Phoebe Robinson. Topics range from their experience as black women or awkward moments they’ve had and more, from romance and sex to discrimination.

5. Alice Isn’t Dead

Another podcast for fans of the horror genre, this podcast is written in an audio diary format and the story follows a truck driver travelling across America to look for her missing wife. Along the way, she encounters creepy and horrific supernatural forces that might lead her to her partner.

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Fourth year Criminology student at the University of Ottawa, Leafs fan, makeup lover and Harry Potter enthusiast.