This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

We’ve all experienced those desperate last-minute dashes to the drugstore after wiping the inside of a foundation bottle clean. But any girl will tell you that’s not even the worst part. The fear of not knowing whether a drugstore product will actually work (or destroy your half-baked face) is really the worst there is. While it may be the case that most products you do end up buying somehow disappoint you, there are still some good ones out there worth trying!

Considering nobody has the time, money (or confidence) to experiment with every drugstore beauty product in search of a good one, read the guide below from someone who’s already done it all that for you! This guide looks at all the current beauty products that are viral in the beauty world. Don’t be surprised if you’ve seen these on beauty blogs, Instaposts, or YouTube videos, but you may be surprised if you can’t find them at your local drugstore! 

1. Rimmel Stay Matte Press Powder

This one has been around for a while, and the great thing about this product is that it comes in a range of colours, with the most popular definitely being “transparent”. Not only does the powder glide on smoothly, leaving a natural, even finish, but the longevity of the powder has up to 7 hours of shine control and minimizes the appearance of pores.

2. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

Beauty bloggers have been buzzing about this specific concealer from Maybelline working as a great dupe for the NARS Radiant concealer, which actually goes for $37.00 at Sephora. The Fit Me concealer is a liquid oil-free product that perfects the skin by leaving it with the perfect amount of coverage for skin with visible flaws and blemishes. 

3. E.L.F. Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder

Even for a drugstore brand, E.L.F is known to have extremely affordable products and even better results! The E.L.F Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder never disappoints, this two-in-one set gives an overall healthy and natural glow. The blush adds a perfect flush of colour to the cheeks while the bronzer accents and contours the cheekbones for more definition. Whether you choose to apply both blush and bronzer, or just one, this duo compact has four different shades! This is definitely suitable for the contouring rookies, or pretty much anyone with a budget!

4. L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara

If you’re looking for an affordable mascara for day-to-day wear, then trust those who swear by the L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara! This mascara has a unique formula that builds and thickens lashes while also conditioning them to remain healthy and crumble free! This mascara has the classic, rich, black colour, and it’s been around for years, no wonder it’s an original go-to all over social media.   

5. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream

This final product is neither a lipstick nor lip gloss, the formula actually applies product on your lips as a silky-smooth applicator that sets into a matte finish. Any beauty guru will tell you the “Abu Dhabi” shade in this matte lip cream is the ultimate nude shade adored by everyone. That’s because NYX created a shade that was the perfect nude for all skin tones, and left an incredible finish. Even though every NYX counter had always been sold out of the Abu Dhabi shade at local drugstores, all NYX products are also available online for the real drugstore fanatics!  

Next time you’re in your local drugstore, don’t forget to pull up this guide for the perfect product in every beauty department! If this guide has helped you, give us a like and share!

Disclaimer: The recommendations made in this guide are based on popular review, please use this guide at your own discretion.

Raghdah is the Editor of the Fashion & Beauty team at the University of Ottawa Her Campus Chapter. Raghdah is a graduate of the University of Ottawa where she studied Political Science and now continues her work in the Government of Canada. Outside of her career, she spends most of her time writing, travelling, practising yoga, and running. If being a foodie, coffee-addict, aspiring cat lady, and binge-watching Scandal count as hobbies, then she's living the life. You will most likely find her planning her next trip or trying to adopt another cat at your local pet shelter.