Style > Beauty

4 Ingredients to Prevent the Signs of Aging Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Many individuals strive to maintain their youthful appearance and are prepared invest time and money to prevent the indications of aging skin. However, with so many products available, it can be challenging to determine which ones actually decelerate the effects of aging, and which ones do not. And, although retinol and sunscreen have been proven to provide numerous health benefits, they aren’t the only ingredients to consider when building your skincare routine. Here are the ingredients you should look out for:

B vitamins

When included in daily skincare, B vitamins are among the most effective ingredients used to treat skin conditions. B vitamins work by providing relief to the skin while also allowing damaged cells to mend and replenish themselves more quickly. When used topically in moisturisers, B vitamins can be particularly advantageous, as they promote the formation of new skin cells.

Vitamin Q

Coenzyme Q10 (vitamin Q) is a powerful antioxidant that helps build the basis for younger-looking skin by protecting the elastic tissue and collagen that form skin.

Copper

This anti-aging element promotes collagen synthesis and helps strengthen the skin to prevent sagging and wrinkles. Copper has been demonstrated to help clarify and repair fragmented collagen, which makes it a fantastic skincare ingredient for individuals looking to repair sun damage and scars.

Green Tea

Drinking a cup of green tea can help you to relax; however, the ancient plant from which it is derived is also high in nutrients that can help to renew your skin. Since green tea is a stimulant, it can revitalise aging skin and and reduce the appearance of dark eye circles. This action is amplified when green tea is used in conjunction with a caffeine eye cream.

These four ingredients are sure to remedy early indications of aging skin. But don’t forget about lifestyle adjustments; sheltering skin from the sun and quitting smoking also often result in healthier-looking skin.