The 4 Most Anticipated Films Coming Out In 2020

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Underwater – January 10 

Kristen Stewart has come a long way since her Twilight days and is now staring in the 2020 mystery drama Underwater. In this film, mysterious creatures begin to terrorize the crew at a research station located seven miles below the ocean’s surface. 

Dolittle – January 17 

The character of Dr. Dolittle has a very neat history. He was created by Hugh Lofting in the trenches of World War I as a character in letters he wrote home to his children. Dr. Dolittle was described as someone who can talk to animals and was later the star of popular children’s books published between the 1920s and the 1950s. This new adaptation of the story stars Robert Downey Jr. as Dr. Dolittle. 

MULAN- March 27

Disney is once again turning another one of its popular classics into a live-action movie. The cast includes international stars such as Liu Yifei, Jet Li, Donnie Yen, and Jason Scott Lee.

Black Widow – May 1 

Marvel is set to release Black Widow, the 24th film in the Marvel franchise and the beginning of MCU’s Phase 4. As for the actual plot of the movie, specific details are still being kept secret, but the film is sure to be absolutely epic.     

Keep and eye for these highly anticipated movies!

Elly Walsh

U Ottawa '22

Elly is a second-year Biomedical Sciences student at uOttawa. When she's not in school you can usually find her outdoors or curled up at home with a cup of coffee and a book.
Taylor is a 4th year student at the University of Ottawa studying Political Science and Philosophy. In addition to writing for Her Campus Taylor is the President of the University of Ottawa Equestrian Team, Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus uOttawa and the Vice President of the Ontario Collegiate Equestrian Association. Taylor spends her weekends competing with the team, and when she's not in class she can be found studying on campus. Taylor loves coffee, and tending to her plethora of plants.